Apple Iwatch

Just had a look at it on your pages.  Why would anyone wnt a soulless iWatch when there are wonderfull watches like that around.  Hopefully one day I will finally get my hands on one of my Gt x3 grandfathers bits of work (Benjamin Harlow Lane End Staffs) it will be Georgian and definitely older than me at last (:-)). 

Baking Bread today. They are going to be Olives and Cheese buns specials. Cheated a bit using the dough making cycle of my bread machine but the baking smell is now permeating the house.

Cheers, Vic

I was supposed to bake some bread this morning but we decided to sweep and wash down the patio to get rid of all the builders' grit and dust after our building work at the back of the house. I'll probably make some tomorrow. I used to knead my own dough but the bread making machine does it just as well.

Bit off the posting now but these are my iBuns - Cheese and olives inside toasted cheese and onion on the top. Smell better than the watch, perfectly visible at every angle, don't need recharging, satisfying and you can put butter on them without causing any damage.  Also when you look at them you can tell the time - time to eat one. :D

post-197-0-54870900-1411224070_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Ah! The new Patek competition...at what US$17000+ I believe? I saw and add and the price seemed like a joke! The whole watch is probably one chip they bought for about US$.25 in bulk and is mass produced! This advertising says "you do....things that simply weren't possible before" and that is correct, it makes a lot of money, very fast for Apple! :)

Cheers,

Bob

Does it come with a really small watch band ? I have just thought of somewhere to wear it. 

My son in LA was up all night preparing for them to go on sale, He then had to look happy and joyous when the first customers are whooped and high fived into the shop - does not come easy to a geordie lad :D .  However, I admit he has bought one (with staff discount) which I will see in july when he arrives also with numerous goodies I have bought on the Bay in the USA.

Cheers,

Vic

Mark,

How about a spoof video on how to fix an apple watch you can then cut to the tools needed, just one, a muckle great big sledgehammer :crazysmile:

Cheers,

Vic

No problem - get your son to gift me one and I will go to work on it!

:D

• 6 years later...

OK this is a realy old posting and hopefully no one will read this 🥵 I am obviously a hippocrite as I have an iwatch 6 provided courtesy of my son.  It does provide certain health benefit advice that assist with the various medical conditions I currently host.  However, I will not get used to my watch picking up all my calls and texts and immediately drawing my attention to them as well as the numerous deliveries from Amazon etc.

My activities have been somewhat curtailed recently due to sight problems and other stuff but I have not quite given up on the hobby it just takes much longer to do anything.

Happy new year to all,

Vic

• Like 1