Broken screw in movement.

I have an old Admiral pocket watch I am servicing. I have a sheared screw broken flush on the winding gear. If I strip the movement down. Does that Visson removal fluid work to  dissolve the screw. And could this fluid attack the metal that the movement is made from? This pocket watch is an antimagnetic pocket watch. 1904

1 hour ago, Eckehardt said:

I have an old Admiral pocket watch I am servicing. I have a sheared screw broken flush on the winding gear. If I strip the movement down. Does that Visson removal fluid work to  dissolve the screw. And could this fluid attack the metal that the movement is made from? This pocket watch is an antimagnetic pocket watch. 1904

Use a warm solution of alum (aluminium phosphate) to dissolve screws. It only corrodes ferrous metals, not the plate which is made of brass. Search this forum or google for more info.

44 minutes ago, jdm said:

Use a warm solution of alum (aluminium phosphate) to dissolve screws. It only corrodes ferrous metals, not the plate which is made of brass. Search this forum or google for more info.

Yup I was thinking about that as well. I used to have a nice burgeon set of staking tools when I was younger it had the fine extractor unit with it. Unfornately one of my roomates had a friend over and they stole all my watch repair tools never to see them or my tools again. I need to invest in another set of watch repair tools.

Thought  of that as well. But I think this watch was serviced before and somonene may have jimmy rigged a wrong threaded screw in there. I could try to gently pilot it out. Moving slightly  clockwise  then counter clockwise, for it's the windgear screw that broke. ( spring fully unpowered)  other screws came out nicely. This was already broken and noticed the head in the caseback edge before it had a chance to fall out.