Sign in to follow this  
hir3na5hra

Sigma SM-8810

Firstly, Happy New Year to all!

I would like to know if anyone has or owned the above pressure tester. If so, have you ever sent it to Switzerland for a service?

I think mine is due for one. The hood bolts no longer engage during the test. I can no longer test at 200m. Even 100m can be erratic at times. I can't get a print out of the test either. It definitely a tester issue and not the watches. I've used other testers and they have passed.

I'm hoping it's not going to be a horrific bill!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8748984a946d2ae1d0b4f76d77697146.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• It's a bit hard to tell. Looks like the adjust wheel looks grimy tried to zoom the picture but it's a bit blurred. What I would do is put the stem back in and check the enguagement to see if it engages smoothly and isnt binding. Check the squared end of the stem to see if the corners haven't been rounded.
    • I have stripped down the movement completely and will check and re-assemble it tomorrow. Here's a pic of what the stem area looked like. Notice anything wrong ? I'm a newbie with quartzes so I certainly don't.
    • The additional jewels for the 24 jewels movements is for the auto winder, so shouldn't effect the loading of the gear train. The balances I believe are all the same, with some receiving additional adjustment for chronometer grading. I wonder if the GR reference is made from measurements of original springs fitted, and perhaps Omega updates them over time? Perhaps the metallurgy of the springs changed through the years, although all would be white alloy. The GR catalogue also quotes various springs for the Cal 26X range, but I believe these should probably all be the same. There's an argument that running a centre-seconds hand adds to the load (it will typically reduce amplitude by something like 5-10 degrees when adjusted) but that's not enough to significantly affect performance. I see that on the Cousins website they list three different springs if you search for a Cal 565... On my Cal 552 I have a 1.10 x .105 x 360 (11) spring which reaches 300 degrees amplitude, if that helps.
    • oh well, can't save them all.   But I try
    • The watch has been returned to the customer. You are correct someone had been poking around with this movement most of the screws were very badly bruised the hairspring had been badly damaged & the balance staff broken.