How to remove hairspring from regulator arm (Vostok 24xx)

VWatchie

I have a few old Vostok 24xx movements which seem perfectly fine except the the hairsprings are ruined. Most of these movements have come from eBay sold as “for parts or service”.

So, my plan is to buy a few new balance wheels complete with hairsprings (like these) and replace them. (I just haven't got the tools or skills to just replace the hairspring).

I have a pretty good idea about how to remove the hairspring stud (like this, or is there a better/easier way?), but how do I remove and re-fit the hairspring from the regulator arm? Can it just be lifted off and re-fitted with a tweezers, or do I need some special tool or procedure for this operation?

I haven’t seen any instructions or videos about this, perhaps because it’s so easy or obvious? Well, at least that’s what I’m hoping! :unsure:

Hi I haven't answered your question in my original post to remove the hairspring from the regulator arm, the hairspring is held loose between a regulator pin and a regulator boot, the boot usually has a slot so that it can be turned with a screw driver making it possible to then lift the hairspring free fro the regulator arm. 

Thanks wls1971! Now, (stupid question) what is a "regulator pin" and a "regulator boot"? I guess "pin" is the top part and "boot" the bottom part and that the hairspring slides between them. I'll have a look at it to see if I can figure it out.

17 minutes ago, VWatchie said:

Now, (stupid question) what is a "regulator pin" and a "regulator boot"? I guess "pin" is the top part and "boot" the bottom part and that the hairspring slides between them.

From this same forum, searching "hairsping regulator":

These parts look like a pin and a boot, don't they?

regulatorbuckle6443.jpg

• Thanks 1