Seiko 5 automatic sticking

Boogi11

Hi all. I picked this up cheap and it works fine however it randomly sticks and loses time then starts working again . Any suggestions . Complete strip clean and rebuild ? On a side note I notice the calendar alternates between Arabic and English ( on setup only. In normal use it jumps 2 keeping it in English ) I presumeI need to set it correctly in rebuild d17cb1361a4494c3105aba522b24af67.jpg27159da1762ad0c891f306a4e4975437.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all, I'm not sure if this is a fully legit Seiko. I don't think that I've ever seen one with a big JAPAN MADE written on the dial... There are a couple of marriage/franken  Seikos out there but usually the expensive collectible ones.

Yes, you should service the watch and then it will most likely function properly, unless there are inner components that might be damaged...

The day wheel alternates between english and arabic so that you can either set it to display english OR arabic days. That's why it changes "normally" on its own.

• Like 1

First of all, I'm not sure if this is a fully legit Seiko. I don't think that I've ever seen one with a big JAPAN MADE written on the dial... There are a couple of marriage/franken  Seikos out there but usually the expensive collectible ones.
Yes, you should service the watch and then it will most likely function properly, unless there are inner components that might be damaged...
The day wheel alternates between english and arabic so that you can either set it to display english OR arabic days. That's why it changes "normally" on its own.

Hi. How could I tell
If it’s legit. I will strip
It tonight and upload some more
Pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, ro63rto said:

It's a fake/repainted dial at the very least. Completely wrong font used on Seiko badge.

Put up a few pics of the movement itself please.

good call!  IF; you can learn how to spot a fake ( or frankenstene [ which may be a good parts watch]),  you will save yourself tons of cash.  vin

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/9/2018 at 4:57 PM, ro63rto said:

It's a fake/repainted dial at the very least. Completely wrong font used on Seiko badge.

Put up a few pics of the movement itself please.

Are you sure? I'm watching 2 of these on ebay right now, exact same dials

13 minutes ago, weegaz22 said:

Isn't that the 6119 movement? how can you tell the movements fake?

You mentioned dials, I told you what's wrong with'em - everything.
Since the onset isn't promising, if you want to find what's wrong with the mov.ts, go ahead and buy.

• jdm locked this topic