• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By arkobugg
      Cheers mate,
      Was working on this Ricoh 70's automatic (R31 movement) yesterday.  think its R31, but could not find mutch on the web And cant be able to place the yoke spring in the right posision. Someone that have been working with the similar movment. Or just know??
      All help would be to great....

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Welcome to a great group of like minded old men (probably). We have 2 cats and a dog. Luckily I use a roll top desk for my watches. I dust the Tambour door before I open it and make sure all my parts are in dust cover trays until I’m ready to install them. Also, I have to wash my hands before I start. It is very much like surgery. I may be a bit over compensating, but it works pretty well. Dust trays are relatively cheap. You could use a sheet of tissue paper or similar to cover your work area while you are away. I’ve had watches stop on me only to to open them up days later to pull a very fine hair out of the works. Keep trying. You will find something that works for you and it doesn’t have to cost a mint. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • Excellent work!! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • Big thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    • Ok this movement is highly complex and it is not recommended for the novice, but then again when i started my first movement was a Seiko 6139 chrono and the watch is still running in my box but i had a couple donor parts movements. So if your going to undergo this endeavor you should try and get a parts movement which may be hard to find and also check out the link below. As far as cleaning goes an ultrasonic is not generally needed to do a good cleaning. Some distilled water with detergent nylon brushes and peg wood will suffice, you can rinse in 99% alcohol but make sure you DO NOT use alcohol on the pallet and balance wheel. You can get a decent ultrasonic for under $100 harbor freight has a nice one for $60 if you are in the USA. In that case you can use naphtha or Ronsonol lighter fluid. You can also do a naphtha soak prior to hand cleaning as well in order to attack dried up old oils. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pierce-Cal-134-Chronograph-How-to-PDF-Book/372688650391?hash=item56c5f98097:g:R2YAAOSwRSddASsX
    • Buy some scrap  movements  from Latvia  or Ukraine.