Rolex 1570 losing time

If possible, either estimate the balance amplitude while in the fault state, or take a slow-mo video to make an exact measurement. My initial thoughts were the same as Clockboy's, ie. an escapement issue. Could be for many reasons.

I'd certainly want to take it back to the person who serviced it...

1 hour ago, rodabod said:

Unfortunately the timegrapher is unable to register an amplitude reading in that photo. 

Correct, and the pattern is the so called snowfall one. That indicates a beat so irregular, and an amplitude so reduced, that the instrument shows no values rather than meaningless ones. The result is (as the OP indicated), that is is extremely slow in that position. 

What I would be interested to know is if the amplitude is indeed extremely low or if the amplitude is reasonable but the escaping action is all over the place.

I’ve had the latter when the safety roller / finger has been out of adjustment and that possibly introduces additional sounds which confuses the timegrapher. 

5 minutes ago, rodabod said:

What I would be interested to know is if the amplitude is indeed extremely low or if the amplitude is reasonable but the escaping action is all over the place.

I’ve had the latter when the safety roller / finger has been out of adjustment and that possibly introduces additional sounds which confuses the timegrapher. 

In that case the machine would show meaningful values, and some sort of pattern with scattered dots. Be reassured that's simply a case of crappy beating when resting on the upper pivot.

• 2 weeks later...

So, great news, and thanks to all the helpful members involved...I fixed it!  Turns out, I had to lie down so that I could view the movement in a "dial up" position.  I could see the hairspring was erratic and almost stopping at times.  I looked for any rubbing of the balance and could find none.  Long story short, the hairspring stud wasn't seated deep enough in its holder and was ever so slightly tickling the hairspring as it oscillates.  I removed the balance, loosened the hairspring stud, reseated it and tightened the stud screw.  Now it's keeping great time in all positions and the timegrapgher shows it.  I would never have figured this out without the help of this forum and could never attempt to repair watches without Mark's videos.  0208181957a_HDR.thumb.jpg.659c05613b273fb0227c28cfb5f112e8.jpgBy the way, the jeweler who overhauled the watch said their warranty didn't transfer to other owners.  Bless you guys.  Here is a photo prior to my repair...

10 hours ago, JONICURN said:

So, great news, and thanks to all the helpful members involved...I fixed it! 

By the way, the jeweler who overhauled the watch said their warranty didn't transfer to other owners.

Excellent! 

Pitiful attitude by the jeweler. As if he had to pay with his money. Once again proves that one should not ever bring them Watches for repair.

• Thanks 1