Greetings from Poland

rafau

Hi!

I wanted to introduce myself. My name's Rafal and I come frome quite a watchmakers family :) My father, grandad and gran's father in law were watchmakers. I picked up a different path in my life but there's a kind of calling that wants me to focus on watches anyway :D I make handmade watch straps for a few years and do some watch repairs, I also collect vintage watches and clocks. So I complete the equipment (mostly vintage, swiss made tools and machines) and educate myself in this beautiful art of watchmaking.

Special credits to Mark for his awesome videos, I really appreciate to actually see how are some repairs done, which is way better than reading about it. Also pleased to meet all the Forum Members! Have a great new year and a lot of successful repairs!

• Like 1

Hi Rafal, Welcome and a happy new year to you. Your history is very interesting. Yes, this is a very good site with many highly skilled people (I am not one of them)  I repair a few watches of most types. Just my interest and a passtime now.  Good wishes, Mike.

Hi Rafal,  It's good to see you following the tradition. :-)  Unfortunately, I'm a newbie and am yet to check out the videos you mentioned.  Before introducing (and embarrassing) myself I thought I'd cheat and see how other newbies managed the intro.  You're intro is encouraging.

Cheers . . 

Danny