Hello from Canada!

Chepatro

Hi there,

I am from Montreal and I love reviving dead movements and get them ticking again. Mark’s vids are simple and efficient and it is what brought me here. Oh and this is a hobby, even though I do tend to take myself a little too seriously at times. Apologies in advance and cheers to you all!

Hi, Welcome and good wishes. Yes, if you  are able to make a decent job of a watch repair people get to know and you do end up with too much work. Especially if one is retired.  Regards, Mike.   PS. Pro`s charge a lot of money for their hard earned skills and a lot of people  cannot afford to spend £260 + on a watch  overhaul. Most of us like a mechanical watch however quartz is the way  most people are going. My Grandson recently purchased a Mont Bland smart watch. I just need to know the time so I can take the insulin etc. Keep repairing, Mike.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ecodec said:

Most of us like a mechanical watch however quartz is the way  most people are going.

Quartz and mechanical watches are like economy and business/first class on aviation. Most people flies with the first, but serious money is made with the latter, and magazines/blogs/forum only talk about the latter.

Well I do my best to fix all watches. I put batteries in and did an Accurist and a Citizen today. Both Batts. The citizen had a rechargeable battery that  cost £19. Two more clapped out unserviced  Omega`s coming from a friend who collects them. He has no interest in timekeeping and says to me just get them going. I still try to do a decent job on them though. Yes, there will always be a market for really high end watches. I expect the Chinese will take over the rest pretty soon.