Hello from Thailand...! :)

Hello, I"m Jim and I am a fledgling collector and enjoy repairing and restoring old pocket and wrist watches. Originally from Denver, CO I now currently reside in Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thailand. This all started about 3 1/2 years ago with a Seiko 7T32 that needed repair. After some searching and browsing I made an attempt at this myself. I was hooked. The fascination of the micro engineering, the concepts of time and its intrigue drew me even farther into the art and craft. I own several watches from pocket to wrist, quarts to manual wind to automatic. From recent to over 100 years old, and I love them all, they are incredible pieces of machinery that inspire and instill awe in me at every turn. It is a constant thrill to imagine where they might have been, from when in time they existed, and the incredible genius of the craftsmen who envisioned them and forged them into reality. It is one of my greatest joys in life to to bring an old watch back into service, no matter how big or small the repair, it acts as a great sense of accomplishment to an important cause, the art, the value, the knowledge of time. I love the vibe of this community, and I was driven here as many of the rest of you were, the wonderful videos and tutorials presented by the extremely talented Mark Lovic. He has proven to be among many other things, a great teacher. His knowledge in the repair and restoration of watches has been an invaluable source of information for me. His videos and tutorials on YouTube offer even more advice on how to make great videos, creating a channel, videography, design, technique, the list goes on. His generosity and a need to pass on his skills and knowledge, is a testament to the master watchmakers from days of old. So a very special, Thank You, I send out to you Mark. Finally I would like to say it is a pleasure to be here. I look forward to as much positive interaction  as possible in helping me answer questions regarding problems I will certainly encounter. Also as well as add my own advice to others who may be experiencing  difficulties with things that I have run into in the past, remedy and succeed in getting my projects up and running again, and of course the occasional geek talk about watches...!  Thank you to those that have given me a warm welcome to the community. I'll see you in the forums.  :)

PS: the big dog with me in my profile pic is my old friend "Scout", he has passed on now 1 year ago this month of December, he was an Arctic wolf hybrid that we brought with us from Colorado on our move to Thailand, in case any of you were wondering where the "Wolf Watch Werks" comes into play, it is inspired by him. I miss him terribly, he was another one of my "teachers" but that, is another story.

Again thank you for the opportunity to let me tell everyone a little bit about myself. I look forward to getting to know you all a bit better as "time" goes by. 

Kindest regards,

Jim