Ronda Rotor Removal

Hello!

My first question / project as a new member:

I have a watch with a Ronda 4438, or perhaps 4439 automatic movement. The rotor has considerable play due to wear. I have been unsuccessful at finding information about the proper rotor removal method. Referring to the attached photo - I have identified the two stake marks at the rotor hub, but I do not see any retaining components or clips (perhaps the component that I marked with arrow?).

Any guidance would be much appreciated!    Cheers, Neil5a453d9e00768_Ronda4438.thumb.jpg.baf5d8e242141eb829d27d46f85891d8.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ishima said:

No experience with this particular movement but you should be able to loosen a screw on the auto bridge near the part you highlighted, then pull that part out into a position that releases the rotor. 

Think so to. Take care not dropping the screw down into the balance . 

58 minutes ago, Chopin said:

That screw might do it but you could just unscrew the plate onto which the rotor is attached to and underneath you'll probably see how the rotor is removed.

Agreed, this too would be my plan of attack. More than likely fastened from the underside with a countersunk screw.

• 9 months later...

Ronda is a giant old timer in horology with darn good desgns.

I would remove the rotor/ winder assembly for the sake of the ballance etc.

It is self expalnatory once you see it. You be surprised of perfection in such an inexpensive watch.

Regards joe

Normally with Ronda you can find tech sheets even with their really really cheap quartz watches they'll usually be something. For this there is almost nothing? There are other people in other discussion groups asking the same questions. About all I could find out was it's really cheap and it was really cheap before quartz watches came in and wiped out the really cheap mechanical watches.

Then as a new member are you new to watch repair or just new to the group? Because if you're new to watch repair this really shouldn't be Your first watch to work on. One of the problems with really cheap watches especially cheap mechanical watches are even though there are screws they weren't always meant to be disassembled and repaired. So they usually present interesting challenges not usually found on Better watches that were meant to be serviced.

https://17jewels.info/movements/r/ronda/ronda-4139/