Case Holding Jaws

Tmuir

I own the Hortec case opening tool Horotec 07.320

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/universal-case-back-tool-horotec-compact

and I need to get case holding jaws that go between the lugs so I can open up a Seiko 7s26-0020 divers watch as with the offset crown I cant just use the 4 posts that came with the case opener.

The trouble is Cousins are out of stock of the Horotec 20 -22mm ones until late January and I would really like to order them sooner than that.

I think the Bergeon ones will fit the Horotec tool, but can anyone confirm that before I purchase them?

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/case-holding-jaws

I use a 4 posts holder for exactly the same watches all the time. One of the posts fits nicely in the curve below the crown at 4. I've filed the posts slightly flat to better to the case. It is not ideal but I can open 95% of the watches with it and a cheap Jaxa tool. For the others I use a 5700 with between-lugs plastic blocks. I think it should not be difficult to self build the blocks from hard wood or aluminium..

The case is on really tight on this watch and it slips in the 4 posts, so I do need the between lugs, yes I could make them, but that would end up being an hour or two in the workshop making them, rather than an hour or 2 working on watches. I have made plenty of tools and have more on my list to make, but if I can buy the tool for a reasonable price I will and save the tool making for what I cant afford to buy, or they dont sell.

52 minutes ago, Tmuir said:

The case is on really tight on this watch and it slips in the 4 posts, so I do need the between lugs, yes I could make them, but that would end up being an hour or two in the workshop making them, rather than an hour or 2 working on watches. I have made plenty of tools and have more on my list to make, but if I can buy the tool for a reasonable price I will and save the tool making for what I cant afford to buy, or they dont sell.

Sure, and also the shipping time and cost should be put in the equation. Often is advantageous to be quickly done with a piece and move on. 

JDM
Guess that's the difference between someone who earns their living repairing watches, and people like myself who do it as a hobby.

The former will procure the correct tool if it saves time/money in the long run.

Tmuir
You may have checked already but Walsh may be able to help you.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk