So who got a watch for Christmas ?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess I got a watch for Xmas. Does it count if I bought it for myself? :unsure: I did fix a couple of baguettes that I gave to my nieces as well. They seemed more impressed than I thought they' be. :thumbsu:

I had fixed my nephew's Wittnauer, that was once mine, just prior to Xmas, and decided I'd get something similar if one came along at the right price. While his is an 11 KAS model, and mine is an 11 SR model, they aren't dissimilar. The auto-winding mechanism is different. I probably like his a little better for that, but the SR is fine. One thing is that I'll probably have to end up getting some of that Lubeta to do it right, as I feel the reversing wheels aren't acting right.

Once I get the required band on it, it will look nice. Black, brown, or something bold? Hmm...We'll see.

DSC06034.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StuartBaker104 said:

Wanted one of these for a while, and my wife bought me exactly the right thing.

A Chinese homage to a Chinese copy of a Swiss watch...

0DDC8798-C605-4145-BA5A-463D216C530E.thumb.jpeg.1146b0edcf000e745faf39d94fa8a061.jpeg

I do like the clean look of this watch . I searched for this model and have a couple on my ebay watch list . 

Thanks for sharing your Wife's Christmas gift to you .

Edited by ricardopalamino
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ricardopalamino said:

I do like the clean look of this watch . I searched for this model and have a couple on my ebay watch list . 

I saw a few on eBay, but they all sold for more than buying a new one.

I really like the vintage look of it too, but sadly those blue hands are lacquered not blued steel...

• Like 1