KIF elastor 3-2 vs 3-3 springs

Emil

Hi guys, I am having a hard time figuring out what KIF Elastor spring to order on cousins to replace a broken one I have in a Hamilton movement cal. 61. I cannot find any databases that have any info about this movement but I am wondering what the difference is between the elastor 3-2 and 3-3 (what do I measure??).

Thanks for the help!!

-Emil

So according to the link below the spring for the Hamilton 61 is a  2-3/KIF. Then if you possess the Kif cross reference catalog other than the nice picture below showing what the different styles look like there is no explaining all the variations of the numbers. So I'm assuming you that the first number is the type and the second number is probably a size.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=HAM_61

kif-type.JPG

• Like 1

This is really interesting! Hamilton (or someone else) must have changed the shock system in the movement because it is definitely a type 3 elastor instead of the type 2 flector that is more commonly found on the stock ETA 2391. Thank you very much for the information on this movement @JohnR725 and @MrRoundel!! I have not been able to find anything on this movement before and these charts are extremely helpful! I measured the thickness of the spring and it is 0.0003mm thick. I am assuming that this is what the second measurement number refers to so I will take a chance and order the 3-3 elastor spring. 

Thanks!!

-Emil

• 6 months later...