I Resisted Over 50 Watches!

WillFly

I was in an antique shop in Rothbury (Northumberland) this afternoon and - very unusually - it was stuffed with wristwatches, mainly mechanical. And I didn't buy one! The reason? Too expensive. I had a long chat with the very nice owner and pointed out that a Rotary for which he wanted £250 could probably be got on eBay for about £50... and so on. He looked a bit sad and I suspect that he'd paid way too much for them in the first place. Some looked as though they'd been there for a long time, gathering dust - so now he knows why.

But wasn't I good to resist?

Edited by WillFly

I was in France recently and came across a vintage/antique railway pocket watch,

it was in a large pear shaped case attached to a heavy chain, I don't remember the make but it had a steam locomotive painted across the dial, the chap was asking 50 Euros for it, I'm wondering now if I should have bought it !   :mellow:

Endurance is a virtue. I pride myself of being a virtuous man...I'm resisting everyday not to indulge on my wish list of at least 20 high priced watches, about 25 moderately priced and maybe another dozen of the common place ones! Life is really hard when virtue is challenged. On the other hand, this could be the begining of a cure? Only time can tell....gosh I need a watch for that (i.e.time)!!!

Endurance is a virtue. I pride myself of being a virtuous man...I'm resisting everyday not to indulge on my wish list of at least 20 high priced watches, about 25 moderately priced and maybe another dozen of the common place ones! Life is really hard when virtue is challenged. On the other hand, this could be the begining of a cure? Only time can tell....gosh I need a watch for that (i.e.time)!!!

I know what you mean, my hand frequently quivers over the '' buy it now '' button on ebay !  :money:  :mad:  :nurse:

• Like 1

No no nO no NO!  Do you think for a minute we believe this flimsy story! 

We've all heard this from addicts before Will ... you're just in denial.

I think it's high time for an intervention session, where you come clean and confess to the people who love and care for you.  Annnnnnd, then we take your watches ... for your own good of course B)