My Workbench

GeorgeC

59 minutes ago, GeorgeC said:

At ~2:40 position, the repair benches they are using looks ideal to me  not sure where to source one yet though. 

Bergeon sells them, even motorized ones to adjust height. Their price is high enough to scare away most hobbyists, so people gets what most looks like the business. In the US, Ofrei has something.

You need to make sure your posture is correct otherwise it can cause all sorts of damage to your neck, spine and goodness knows what. I suffer with spondylitis, Im 63 and I have neckwear of a person who is in there 90’s.

Need to exercise along with watchmaking:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have the same configuration. For example, here is my boley lathe on my desk. I made a Hampton balance staff yesterday. it took me a year............. well, only actually a day.ed2c743639313d6fc71ae730450738f6.jpg&key=fe43e93464dd2523fcb3e57b29d07806ff9089d652dc943be91e7e00cdd94114

Or as they say, "it took me a year to make it in one day"

Yesterday 2017, today 2018= 1 year and one day as well.

I completely misunderstood your comment, I thought you started the project a year ago in Jan-feb and forgot about it or something similar and you finished recently. xD

32 minutes ago, vinn3 said:

for sit and work jobs;   excercize daily.   this will cure most pain {except old age}.  vin

Absolutely. Glad you threw that in.  Promotes calm, strength, balance and circulatory needs to stave off aging. Well worth the time investment. 

Steady, consistent is the key. 

• Like 1

Not to take this thread to aside but, if I am not running one day, I use an app called Seven (no affiliation) that provides seven minutes of various calesthentics without need for equipment. Can do repeatable cycles for longer workout.

Happy New Year everyone. 

7 hours ago, oldhippy said:

You need to make sure your posture is correct otherwise it can cause all sorts of damage to your neck, spine and goodness knows what. I suffer with spondylitis, Im 63 and I have neckwear of a person who is in there 90’s.

10 minutes ago, GeorgeC said:

Not to take this thread to aside but, if I am not running one day, I use an app called Seven (no affiliation) that provides seven minutes of various calesthentics without need for equipment. Can do repeatable cycles for longer workout.

Happy New Year everyone. 

Nothing to put aside, posture and ergonomics in general are part of the whole hobby/profession. Thanks for the advise.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:44 AM, oldhippy said:

Some time ago members posted photos of their workbenches. If you would like to post your photos just go ahead. There’s no designated thread.

most books on watch repair will describe [ a proper bench].

3 hours ago, jdrichard said:

I have the same configuration. For example, here is my boley lathe on my desk. I made a Hampton balance staff yesterday. it took me a year............. well, only actually a day.ed2c743639313d6fc71ae730450738f6.jpg

amazing! i have seen those tool handles on "engraving tools".  the flat spot was for listing size.