Hamilton 770 Hairspring

Question

Hey,

I'm on the lookout for a Hairpsring for a Hamilton cal 770. I've managed to find out that it's a Breguet made from Elinvar but that's about it. 

Does anybody know the parts number? If you also know where to get hold of one it would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

/A

Edited by B3stia
spelling

5 answers to this question

Cousins has it as obsolete, but there is a complete balance with hairspring for a Hamilton 770 on ebay US now as well as a complete movement which is listed as having a good balance

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tmuir said:

Cousins has it as obsolete, but there is a complete balance with hairspring for a Hamilton 770 on ebay US now as well as a complete movement which is listed as having a good balance

Thanks Tmuir. I had completely missed the balance on sale. I will ask my watchmaker if it will do.

I think I want to stay away from used movements as long as possible. 

On 12/18/2017 at 9:30 AM, B3stia said:

Thanks Tmuir. I had completely missed the balance on sale. I will ask my watchmaker if it will do.

I think I want to stay away from used movements as long as possible. 

I have two #770 movements with good complete working balance's if you pay the shipping you can have one free.

20180812_210244_resized.jpg

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Colditz
      I have purchased a GUB09207211 hairspring from Cousins watch parts and I am not sure how to attached it to the anchor on the balance cock. Is there a tool I should use or is there a method that I can employ. Any help is appreciated Thanks.

• By Amateurwatchbreaker
      I have a watch that I am fixing up for myself. After lots of research l, I concluded my watch is a 1960s Hamilton Stormking VII. As my watch needs a new crystal I ordered one from ebay that is for a Hamilton stormking VII. When I got it in I immediately realized that it doesn't fit. The replacement seems to me about 1mm larger than the original. (I dont have a caliper). Is this even a Hamilton Stormking VII? Or did I get the right crystal but I have to modify it before it fits?

• By mineglobus03
      Hi everyone, I have some problems with a manual winding watch. It needs some work but I would try to do it myself. The watch appears fully wound but it doesn't work. Which is the problem? Thank you in advance
      Alessandro
    • By canthus
      I work a lot on small caliber (ladies watch size) movements but still have mishaps with the balance hairspring.  These hairsprings are very fragile and easily bent and removing/replacing the balance assembly seems to be my problem.  I would like any comments on the risks of deforming the hairspring by allowing the wheel to dangle during handling.  I would also like to know if the position of the regulator arm/pins has any effect re risk of deforming the spring, should it be close to the stud or as far a possible from the stud, I normally leave it where I find it so the timing is close to what it was before dis-assembly.  Any advice on techniques etc will be much appreciated.
    • By rduckwor
      I am correcting a deformed hairspring and need to set the curve for the regulator pins.  De Carle mentions using curve-forming tweezers, which I cannot yet find.  What are the alternate practices for forming this curved portion of the over curve?
      Thanks,

RMD