Hello from Mexico

M.Frias

Hello everybody, I'm glad to be part of this forum, its nice to see a lot of people really interested on watch repairing together, since i'm from Mexico and there's almost no one interested on watches in general and even less interested on watch servicing and repairing.

I've bought some vintage watches to start learning this art, and its really exciting. I've bought some tools of on amazon and other tools I've made them myself (some of those tools either are expensive or they don't sell them in my country).

So happy to have all of you people here willing to help :)

• Like 1

Bienvenidos. Welcome. :thumbsu:

I'd like to hear about these custom tools. I'm sure they're better than the clumsy things I throw together. 

I can appreciate how isolated you say you are with watches, I have little experience with South America but if Mexico is anything like Costa Rica in terms of watches, then I think i understand. 

Hi M Frias,  Nice of you to come in. I am just an amateur watch repairer as a passtime. You will get the best expert help here. Good to hear that you have made some tools as well. Go carefully and good luck with the vintage watches. Best regards from the UK to you. Mike.  Adios amigo. 

• Like 1

Hi M. Frias, I too am new to this forum.   I have great respect for Mark and what he has contributed to novice and experienced watchmakers on his website here.  Learning from others will be a huge boost to your growth.  Time will be the best teacher as you learn how much of and what's just right regarding watch repair.  This goes for pressure being applied, oil being applied, selecting the right tool at the right time, etc.  The fact that you have an interest in a location where you describe as not being much of a market for watch repair, says alot about you and your desire and motivation! Good

Best of luck to you,

George

• Like 2

Bienvenidos. Welcome. :thumbsu:

I'd like to hear about these custom tools. I'm sure they're better than the clumsy things I throw together. 

I can appreciate how isolated you say you are with watches, I have little experience with South America but if Mexico is anything like Costa Rica in terms of watches, then I think i understand. 
Yes, I'm going to post some of my custom tools in the future for two things, first to receive feedback on how the tool can be improved. And secondly, if someone wants to make the tool I can do a small guide on how to make it.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

Hi M Frias,  Nice of you to come in. I am just an amateur watch repairer as a passtime. You will get the best expert help here. Good to hear that you have made some tools as well. Go carefully and good luck with the vintage watches. Best regards from the UK to you. Mike.  Adios amigo. 
Thank you :). As Mark once said, is a good practice to buy some old movements that don't necessarily work, not for repair but just to practice disassembly and reassembly.

Hi M. Frias, I too am new to this forum.   I have great respect for Mark and what he has contributed to novice and experienced watchmakers on his website here.  Learning from others will be a huge boost to your growth.  Time will be the best teacher as you learn how much of and what's just right regarding watch repair.  This goes for pressure being applied, oil being applied, selecting the right tool at the right time, etc.  The fact that you have an interest in a location where you describe as not being much of a market for watch repair, says alot about you and your desire and motivation! Good
Best of luck to you,
George
Hello George, what you said is all true, practicing with my non working watches I've lost some screws and broke some parts, getting used to the small world of watches was a process for me, now I've built some confidence to work with my watches that can actually be repair or the ones that just need some service.