Modified ETA Movement

Scouseget

Hi all from sunny yet curiously nippy Edmonton.

I have a number of Oris watches, all of which use ETA movements. I made the terrible mistake of dismantling one of these for servicing without sufficiently documenting, or more importantly photographing, it as I was doing so. This watch uses an ETA 2836-2 movement but it's extensively modified as the default design has day and date rings, and a sweep seconds hand. The modified movement that Oris uses does away with the day ring, uses a separate small seconds hand, and uses a sweep date hand. Comparing features it couldn't be much more different from the base design. So what is my question, well it's how do I get hold of a datasheet for the modified design? I've already got an ETA datasheet for the basic design, which is useful for about 75% of the reassembly, but doesn't show any of the extensive mods. Reassembly isn't self-explanatory unfortunately, well at least not for someone with my limited expertise, so what do I do to resolve this problem?

There is of course a moral to this sad tale, namely don't attempt to service a complicated watch without fully documenting the process, and especially photographing every step of the dismantling. And perhaps don't bite off more than you can chew as in build up your expertise with basic movements before taking on anything this complicated. 

Any help you can give with this will be greatly appreciated, especially if you can point me in the right direction regarding getting the correct datasheet. Note I've tried to locate the modified movement datasheet on the internet without success.

Thanks, and merry Christmas everyone.

2836-2 Basic Design.jpg

Oris 2836-2.jpg

Agree with Chopin post some pics and maybe we can help. However it will be a good exercise in working out how it re-assembles. I would guess that one of the wheels will be the same as the standard ETA 2836-2 but will have an extended pinion for the seconds hand. The cannon pinion and centre wheel might be different as well to accommodate the extra hand. Looking at Cousins parts list for this movement I notice there are a lot of variants for the cannon pinion, fourth & third wheels.