Wesley881

Rockford Electric

Just in from the 'Bay on a second chance offer! I had missed by a dollar before and fate has brought this little gem my way. This is an economy Standard Time Corp. movement and is cousins with the Hamilton 500 or 505(?). I think maybe it shares a balance assy. Loving the clear caseback as well and the offset crown is very comfy. Keeping good time so far but perhaps in need of a cleaning as the balance adjustment is pegged. Also sorting a huge part and tool lot I got in trade for some service work, will post some photos soon.

C

d1acba6aa9117901e9acded5e8237491.jpga0a825fb9c8ee899215afced5465e1e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm loving it so much. Period should be 1960s or maybe 1970s right ? Rarely see a watch from that period with a display case back.
Thanks Chopin, I also jumped on it because I thought the clear back might have been an exhibition or sales special. 60's I beleive.

Nice watch Wesley . It is similar to the Hamilton 505 . The Hamilton 500 has 2 fingers that provide power to the coil on the balance .

You can go to Electric Watches UK and see the Hamilton electric movements and also the different models .

I didn't see Rockford listed as a maker/manufacturer on the list provided .

Nice watch Wesley . It is similar to the Hamilton 505 . The Hamilton 500 has 2 fingers that provide power to the coil on the balance .
You can go to Electric Watches UK and see the Hamilton electric movements and also the different models .
I didn't see Rockford listed as a maker/manufacturer on the list provided .
I'll have to get on there and take a look. It would be great to find a service manual for the 505.

There are free service manuals readily available for the Hamilton 500 and 505 . I would send you the manuals or info on where to get them but I am moving and my primary computer with all that info is in another state . I will look around and see if I can find them , and if I do I will post it .