Tissot Seastar balance spring

Tricati15

Hello everyone. I confess to having come to the end of my capabilities!  The watch in question is a Tissot Seastar with  an 781-1 movement and  the part that's got me beat is fitting the 'pin' ( I can barely see it let alone fit it) to the stud that secures the end of the balance spring.  It's the third replacement balance wheel and spring I've  tried  fitting. In the  first attempt, I ended up accidentally kinking the spring. The second one I managed to find on the internet had the incorrect end to the spring and the third replacement came without the 'stud' unfortunately (I hope I'm using the correct terminology here) I was hoping for.  I've taken the assembly to a number of outlets here in Edinburgh in the hope of finding someone willing to fit the stud with the pin, without success. Is there anyone out there who could fit that part to the end of the spring for me?  I'd pay for the help of course.

image.jpeg

This is a very advanced task which you are attempting. 

It may be easier to obtain another balance complete. I will have a look.

By the way, I think Edinburgh has basically no watchmakers anymore since Tomian closed down recently. 

Edited by rodabod

• 3 weeks later...