I can't figure this one out

here is the issue...an ETA 2824-2......all is wonderful...until i tighten down the auto bridge.. then i can no longer handwind the movement...the crown will not turn at all....with it removed or just lying loosley the movement i can hand wind the movement just fine..all reversers working without issue....the watch is timing  quite well...no issues with that...i did a cleaned/oil/adust...fresh-mainspring..once that auto bridge is tightened....crown stops rotating....i did swap a winding pinon for an eta 2167 or such....however i don't think this would cause a problem since handwinding is fine....thanks i am so frustrated...

Is the auto working before you screw it down? Are you sure you are using the correct screws because it sounds as if this could be the problem. Make sure the auto wheels are meshing correctly and are free; sometimes the two very small wheels need a very tiny drop of oil because I have found in the past they tighten up. I think it is a screw problem so check that first. Let us know how things go.

• Like 1

When you lay down the auto bridge manual-wind the watch a bit. The wheels teeth will mesh together and you will hear it go in place.

If you have tightened the crews all the way, you might have bent something.

Edited by matabog