Avia and Doxa….

Recent additions to my collection . Both are vintage Swiss made watches of brands I have been looking at for a while , and are good examples of the second hand sub dial version .

First is the Doxa….

d1.png.3c468640e4aaaf47c340711b1686aebf.png

d2.thumb.png.effa9727677ce4e5c64ecbe13d96e346.png

d3.thumb.png.b1a1f8eb33ba217681fb75bbb2561ae6.png

da.thumb.png.b6e7e3f6a61945a2d6bd812606fae6a4.png

And next is a Beauty Avia ,…a really nice piece of eye-candy….

a1.thumb.png.48b17329ba146eb5db1de04e896d2b40.png

a2.thumb.png.08f5904338d5a1644a1d5520c309cf47.png

a3.thumb.png.dda7d117f8314713e1d89a8d1cf36d72.png

a4.thumb.png.d70cc3063eeb0877d1b7018cbe140248.png

I hope you have enjoyed looking at these watches as much as I do….Aloha….

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pip said:

Very nice. I’m hunting for an Avia myself, a Daytymer model pre Inca block. What can I say, I’m enjoying the chase at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've said it all . The chase or the hunt is half the adventure . Part of the equation of a self fulling prophesy that culminates with the prize on  your wrist,……….as you begin the next chase .

It's amazing how many times I have decided to look for a particular watch or item when they start to pop up . 

• Like 3

You'v got a great eye and a lot of success in looking for the good stuff, Louis. Those are a couple of nice pieces. Love the sub dials in the older watches. They have a lot of character to begin with.

Is there any real way to know what year these watches are?

3 hours ago, ramrod said:

You'v got a great eye and a lot of success in looking for the good stuff, Louis. Those are a couple of nice pieces. Love the sub dials in the older watches. They have a lot of character to begin with.

Is there any real way to know what year these watches are?

Thank You ramrod .

Good question about dating these watches . I don't really know how to date either but i did go searching for info o the history of Avia watches and came away with more questions than answers  . 

It seems that a lot of places [ countries and cities ] , brand and sub-brand watches , manufacturers and importers , and finally change of ownership are associated with Avia,…quite a list . 

I hope the link I nave inserted below opens up as it contains a lot of assorted information on the watch . If not , then you may want to search for the article in The Watch Forum webarchive or search the 'Net for the discussion .

Avia: Forgotten but not Gone - Watch Discussion Forum - The Watch Forum.webarchive

Edited by ricardopalamino
  • Like 1