I'm having some unexpected behaviour from a eta 7750 that I'm trying to regulate after servicing.
I went through service procedure using correct lubricants.
Everything went fine. Actually I have some doubt on lubrication of incabloc wich I'm not sure I did correctly since I'm afraid that too much oil was placed in one of the two stones.
The fact is that when I finished I wasn't brave enough to clean and lubricate it again ... shame on me but I felt that task to be very very difficult.
Anyway after reassembling the watch I had it at my wrist for a week and it showed a great consistency at -10 sec a day.
It'a stop grade movement and resting at night in DU, DD 9UP and 3UP positions always showed something between -14 -6
I was very happy with that result and I thought that a little regulation would have brought it to a very fine time keeping.
Then I reopened the caseback and slightly moved etachron arm, that was resting in a nearly neutral position, in the + direction.
Nothing happened (measuring with timegrapher open source app)
Did it again, another slight push.
? ok I must have gone the wrong direction, then pushed all the way toward -
Ok this is annoying, all the way toward +
here I am,
what I'm I missing?
How come moving the regulator arm from - to + does not make any variation?
in order to buy appropriate spares in my attempt to service an Omega 175.0083 (7750) I need some advice:
I've already been suggested to replace MS:
Barrel is Ok and I'm thinking of buying a new MS and moebius 8217 for barrel lubricating as I don't want to spend money on recommended Kluber 125 grease.
Should I consider instead buying a barrel complete (assuming Barrel complete (180.1) comes with MS installed) wich supposedly comes prelubricated ?
Attached image shows automatic device bridge with evident sign of wear from where, to my understanding, the problem orginated: a screw came off
I cant find original part.
ETA part is different from Omega in that the Omega is larger and partially covers hammer two function and the chronograph cam.
Beside that and since the watch has no crystal back case I think those parts are perfectly interchangeable.
Do I need to replace the bridge or are there alternative aproaches to this problem?
A new 7750 movement, cleaning and assembly again, why watch swing only 260 °?
I am servicing my first 7750 (thank you Mark for the YT videos and Lawson for the Disassembly/Assembly walk-through).
The movement is not new - let's say it has an obscure unknown history It appears to be a genuine swiss 7750, but with a lower grade finish (very low...)
When putting back the balance stones I noticed that there were two sizes (two pairs, because the cap stones fit the hole jewel settings). I put the smaller stone and hole-jewel on the mainplate and the larger ones on the balance cock. I tried to but the larger setting on the mainplate but it didn't fit quite right. I believe the springs are the same size - its just the stones that differ a bit (aprox 0.1mm)
So my question is: did any of you stumbled upon the same issue? Is it normal for a 7750 to have two different stone sizes?
No registered users viewing this page.
Hello everybody. I lived in Texas 51 years before moving “up north” to Oklahoma last year. One of my passions is fixing things - working on the house, appliances, cars, trucks, motorcycles, lawnmowers, and anything else that needs fixing and I’ve been good at it except when it comes to watches - what a humbling experience. Googling “broken set lever screw 6497” led me down a trail that led to this forum. For watches: I like just about everything regardless of cost. I have a 1969 Datejust that my grandfather bought new (my watch addiction started there when I was little), and a 1966 Datejust I recently picked up, an Omega AT, a few Seikos, a Vostok, a couple Citizens, an old Bulova, a few Timexes, and a wristwatch-from-pocketwatch conversion with a genuine 6498 movement. Like many of y’all I’m sure, I’ve bought and sold a ton of watches since 1985 and haven’t slowed down. The embarrassing screw-breaking watch is a Panerai look-alike with an ST36 Chinese copy of a 6497. It’s cheap but I figured it was good to learn on. Water was getting in, and the set lever screw was stuck so I broke it trying to get the stem out. Broke the two stuck movement mounting tab screws also, probably due to the water. Got a new ST36 and broke the same dang set lever screw trying to replace the stem. Can’t blame the water this time. Had no idea a tiny screwdriver could deliver enough torque to break screws. The price of education... I need to enroll in a course and stop red-necking this stuff. I have plenty ST36 parts if y’all need any -except screws.... Great to be here, Bobo Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro