Greetings from Brazil

sm4100

Hi,  Marco here from Santo Andre - Sao Paulo,

I am new to horology, I have been involved with automotive mechanics for nearly 3 decades and used to repair everything at home on my own but always felt challenged by mechanical watches, so now I am very keen to develop watchmaking skills for the long term hobby/retirement job. I have already overhauled 8 watches, some old pieces just to study and develop the skills so I am still in the very first steps and will appreciate any given advice here.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hello Marco, Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome. I am an amateur and am still learning but if you need specific advice then there are some highly qualified and skilled people on here who will offer very good advice. Of course I will help if I can. If you do not have it already then get a copy of Practical Watch Repairing by Donald de Carle. I consider it my mentor now as my  old friend a highly skilled watchmaker of many years ago is no longer available. All good wishes to you and to Sao Paulo as well. Best regards, Mike. From UK.