Up two click springs down one end stone

I have been assembling a Slava 2428 and I was down to just cleaning the shockproof setting on the balance, the Slava has a rather annoying clip retaining the jewels, it is a circle with 3 arms coming out of it and it must be rotated to free up one arm at a time.

I had almost got it off when it fired off, I knew I should of placed some roodico on it but I was getting tired and didn't.

After 5 minutes of seraching for it I found it on my thumb, so safely stored it away.

I then removed the jewels and cleaned them in some acetone. On going to pick up the end stone it slipped out of my tweezers and also shot off.

This one I spent 10 minutes looking for but didn't find it, although I did find 2 clicks that I lost 6 and 10 weeks ago. :D

I sourced replacement clicks, so they are now just spares,but are safely stored away for future use so I am figuring maybe I should stop tonight and if I get lucky I will find the end stone tomorrow, else I will take one from the spare movement I have.

I've had issues with the same type of incabloc spring but I didn't lose mine.

I usually place the movement into a transparent plastic bag and then I just install it like that. If it jumps it'll be in the plastic bag.

I also use the bag to slightly press onto the spring if I have to and there's no risk of getting it dirty or bent.

I have funded some research by a theoretical physicist into whether the particular “snap” of tweezers shutting unexpectedly opens up a rip in space-time that all these damned little bits disappear into..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Pip said:

I have funded some research by a theoretical physicist into whether the particular “snap” of tweezers shutting unexpectedly opens up a rip in space-time that all these damned little bits disappear into..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D

Is it the same place that socks go to?