Pre bond omega seamaster 200

Hi guys, I know I’ve asked this in a previous thread but that thread got into different subjects etc and I think one of questions was lost, my question is this, I’ve the part numbers etc for the rubber flat caseback gasket and the crown gasket, but I’m unsure about the flat white silicone/plastic gasket that was sitting in the case, I’ve attached a photo for you to see the item in question. If some one could possibly help me with the part number for this I would be very greatful, my basket at cousins is filling up and I don’t want to order the incorrect partsCABEAA43-78_A3-43_E3-_B836-2588_B0_F2_A3

Are you saying that maybe for arguments sake the last time it was serviced the caseback gasket wasn't changed so when the two part case back was screwed back on there was too much slack due to the old gasket having been compressed?

Or is this a part/trick that is known by smiths that they use to solve a problem? 

Bottom line is then that this is not a part fitted by omega on the old omega seamaster quartz 200m models?

My other hobby is toy steam engines, and I used to make gaskets for them using teflon sheet, I used to punch them out to size using leather punches. I never made one as big as would be used in a watch, but with a bit of thought and a hand made punch it should be possible.

You can buy teflon sheet in different thicknesses off ebay.

Here is one 0.3mm thick

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teflon-PTFE-Film-Sheet-Virgin-High-Strength-Temperature-500x250x0-3MM-White/192312942296?hash=item2cc6be9ed8:g:Of8AAOSwQm9Zw9bU

Or 0.5mm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Teflon-PTFE-Film-Sheet-Virgin-High-Strength-Temperature-500-250-0-5MM/282743496698?hash=item41d4d35ffa:g:cYAAAOSw~RVaFS6Y

Obviously easier if you can get the original part, but its another option

3 hours ago, transporter said:

Here’s a couple of pictures showing parts for the case with part numbers. Could anyone let me know what the one with the handwriting is for, is it the “Teflon” one? 

On cousins site it also lists a hard plastic gasket, so getting abit confused now folks

image.jpgimage.jpg

Looks like that is the one. 0,1 mm thick and 25 x 29,5 mm in diameter. If you could find a sheet i think you can make it. I read that it is obsolete at Omega to. The change the case and caseback if you send it to them. 

•  
10 minutes ago, transporter said:

Cousins have it in stock and it’s in my basket but you did say that it might be used as a case tightening gasket? Would it be wise for me to order it and fit the normal case seal and see if the case is watertight 

I saw that . But cousinsuk says it's a rubber gasket? I would probably check with cousisnuk first . Before i order it. To make sure it's the correct gasket. If it is and you want to be 100% sure it's watertight go for it. 

Yes its confusing isn't it ive listed the omega part numbers then the cousins ones 

OMEGA                                                                                                            COUSINS

088NS0416 seal O ring                                                            Product code X13098 Pendant tube gasket Omega 088.0416

D 1.5   D 2.3   ○0.4                                                                                   No measurements given

088NB1142 Flat seal                                                                 Product code X13211 Back gasket, rubber Omega 088.1142

D 25  D29.5  TH 0.1                                                                                 No measurements given

088NS0824 Seal O ring                                                             Product code X13129 Back gasket rubber 088.0824

D 28  D 29.6  °0.4                                                                                     No measurements given

So a slight quandary here, the flat seal seems to be the same measurement as the Teflon one that I have but Cousins say it's Back gasket rubber seal?? So I guess I'll be calling cousins tomorrow before I order as these three alone are £33 less P&P

I did find one other selected that came up when I put the case number in the cousins search and it's this one,

Gasket hard plastic, Omega 098.21424  Product code X13310, I can't find and part number similar to this on the attached photo with the part numbers on my previous post, I don't know if this one might be the little white Teflon one.

So anyone with any ideas before I give them a call?

• Like 1