This Makes me mad

Tmuir

I know RAF sector clocks have recently become 'The in thing' and cheap reproduction quartz sector clocks are popping up everywhere which I don't have an issue with, but I do when an older clock is fitted with a new dial just to make a few extra pounds it annoys me. Atleast they do say it is a repainted dial in the title although no mention in the description.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R-A-F-FUSEE-SECTOR-CLOCK-FULLY-SERVICED-AND-REGULATED-REPAINTED-DIAL/312008961077?hash=item48a52eec35:g:ELMAAOSwNchZ-hHq

This one does state it is fitted with a new dial 'similar' to what was fitted originally to make it seem more like it was a real sector clock

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHAIN-DRIVEN-FUSEE-RAF-STYLE-SECTOR-DIAL-CLOCK/112631887006?hash=item1a3962349e:g:I3cAAOSwH2VaAL-o

I'm guessing it wont be long before more spring up and are attempted to be sold as original, or in 20 years time when the paint has warn a bit on these ones being sold as real sector clocks.

• Confused 1

I've seen two of these recently in Yorkshire England one in a antiques centre in Hebden bridge and one in a antiques centre in Wakefield I certainly don't think there is anything old or original about the clocks at all and suspect they are coming from India they are however easy to spot and are always far cheaper than a true unmolested Elliott original which would be £2,000 -- £3.000 at auction.

Both those clocks have been listed then relisted on Ebay numerous times.