8f56-0090 // slt047

minooos

hi guys I have the 8f56-0090 watch and it has broken crown from stem, so I need a stem, a crown and a battery. Also I need advise how to make dial stable on movement because its moving apart from the movement. Or if it cant be fixed suggest me another mechanism with dial and all staff to fit into this caliber. thank u

IMG.jpg

Have you worked on watches before?

Start removing the mov.t, and pull  out what is left of the stem. So it can be seen if a stem extender can be used, as I don't know if it's the same as on the other 4F/8F family. For crown will most likely use a generic. Battery not a problem. Fixing dial feet is either a pro job outside of your reach, or a patch with "pads" or whatever two sided adhesive.

Edited by jdm

I havent worked on watches before, I upload photos to see the stem and dial problem, and how i can understand if it takes a stem extension which is more easy than finding genuine parts. CAn you see the plastic ring behind the dial in front of the date? thats the second problem, I could manage to patch it someway, but the first is to fix the stem and crown and buy a battery.

IMG_20171127_200826.jpg

IMG_20171127_200805.jpg

If I can

20 hours ago, jdm said:

Have you worked on watches before?

Start removing the mov.t, and pull  out what is left of the stem. So it can be seen if a stem extender can be used, as I don't know if it's the same as on the other 4F/8F family. For crown will most likely use a generic. Battery not a problem. Fixing dial feet is either a pro job outside of your reach, or a patch with "pads" or whatever two sided adhesive.

I send also here to send the notification. I posted new photos above,check them and help me pls

The stem doesn't look to be the normal type which you can fit an extension.
Im not quite sure what is obstructing the view of your calendar, but to fix it and to fix the dial being loose, you will have to remove hands and dial from movement, and then refit the hands when done which is easier said than done if you have no experience. Also, a battery change in this does require reprogramming in the current date so that the perpetual calendar will work as intended. Then you still have to measure up and pick out a suitable crown.

On top of those difficulties, you will also need to buy some hand lifting and fitting tools at a minimum.

I don't like to discourage people, but all of this is pretty major and -- i think -- out of range of your abilities, this is really a job for an experienced watch technician and may just have to go to a Seiko workshop. 

Edited by Ishima

jdm

I'll check cousins uk

Ishima

in front of the calendar is a black plastic ring which is behind dial, and somehow removed from its position and now the dial can move independently from the movement. my aim is to find and buy the stem crown and the battery and maybe later go to a seiko manufucturer for service and fixing the dial,I think it will cost less.

4 hours ago, minooos said:

maybe later go to a seiko manufucturer for service and fixing the dial,I think it will cost less.

Seiko will not take this job, they will say that the watch is too old, no parts available, etc. And if they do they will charge more than watch is worth. To fix it for a low price either you do do yourself, or go a cheap watch shop, but it depends where you live.
Maybe you can fit a small piece of two sided adhesive under the dial, without removing hands.

12 hours ago, jdm said:

I think Cousins UK also has the original crown, 1E55C9SNS0.

Can I ask you? can you understand if crown goes along with the stem or I have to order both, because on another site this code 1E55C9SNS0  shows crown and stem together http://www.watch-parts.ru/catalog/37232#ad-image-0

Also do you suggest genuine battery or some generic will do?

thnks for you help in advance

20 hours ago, Ishima said:

The stem doesn't look to be the normal type which you can fit an extension.
Im not quite sure what is obstructing the view of your calendar, but to fix it and to fix the dial being loose, you will have to remove hands and dial from movement, and then refit the hands when done which is easier said than done if you have no experience. Also, a battery change in this does require reprogramming in the current date so that the perpetual calendar will work as intended. Then you still have to measure up and pick out a suitable crown.

On top of those difficulties, you will also need to buy some hand lifting and fitting tools at a minimum.

I don't like to discourage people, but all of this is pretty major and -- i think -- out of range of your abilities, this is really a job for an experienced watch technician and may just have to go to a Seiko workshop. 

The stem also seems to me like to be broken on both sides, can this hapenned? in front of the calendar is the ring that holds the dial and left his position and move freely

5 minutes ago, minooos said:

Can I ask you? can you understand if crown goes along with the stem or I have to order both, because on another site this code 1E55C9SNS0  shows crown and stem together http://www.watch-parts.ru/catalog/37232#ad-image-0

Also do you suggest genuine battery or some generic will do?

Yes, it's stem/crown single part. Battery doesn't need to be original. 

On 28/11/2017 at 6:10 PM, jdm said:

Yes, it's stem/crown single part. Battery doesn't need to be original. 

Bad news, if you see above that a plastic ring are in front of the calendar, thats why because axle is broken, told me a local store and only in the seiko manufacturer can this be fixed. How much is worth max to fix this watch? If they are going to price it over 150 euros does it worth it? else I'll sell the parts.

1 hour ago, minooos said:

Bad news, if you see above that a plastic ring are in front of the calendar, thats why because axle is broken, told me a local store and only in the seiko manufacturer can this be fixed. How much is worth max to fix this watch? If they are going to price it over 150 euros does it worth it? else I'll sell the parts.

As mentioned above, Seiko will not fix it. I don't know what plastic ring are you talking about, most likely it can be fixed by a competent person.  

• 1 year later...