End stone problem.

WildBill

Hi, I was in the process of oiling the end stones, I didn't realise they were in two pieces, and I have lost one, maybe its possible to get a replacement..

The top shock absorber went OK, although I found it very difficult to do..."Being the first time" When doing the bottom shock absorber I lost the flat one,

I  also broke the small retaining clip....realising this is going to a nightmare of a job to do....Advise Please.

• Confused 1

Everyone's favorite job, replacing shock springs. I hope you're up for a challenge.:D

Sometimes the endstone for the top shock absorber is thicker (taller) than the one on the bottom shock block. keep that it mind or you might just break some more shock springs trying to close them back up. 

We should be able to help you out once we get that information rogart mentioned. 

Looks like you are in luck. For the ST96, you can order the incabloc settings and the stones and springs from Cousins

https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/st-movement-parts

https://www.cousinsuk.com/PDF/categories/1305_Incabloc By Factory - Standard.pdf

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/inca-end-stones?code=INCA12111

The inca catalogue is in French to make it all more exciting, so Bloc Dessus = Upper complete block (the one in the balance cock), Bloc Dessous = Lower complete block (the one in the main plate). Pierre = stone and Ressort = spring.

121.11 is the upper shock (dessus) end stone, the lower (dessous), in the main plate, would be 722.11. Just type 722.11 into the Cousins search box.

As mentioned above you may have broken the spring by trying to fit the wrong jewel or fit it upside down, so be sure you get this right.

Lots more info on the inca website here, http://www.incabloc.ch/en/huilage.php but I can’t see the jewel sizes to measure up your end stones and check.

1 hour ago, WildBill said:

Is that it Inca 122.11- highlighted in yellow, that's the lower shock on main plate.? so looking forward to

putting the spring in "not"...will order it today...thanks for help....

Putting those springs in is one of the trickier tasks - I really struggled when I started. I found it useful to use Rodico. Put some above where the spring is to go, stick the spring on to the Rodico, and slide it down. 

I have contacted Cousins requesting 722.11 for a FF ST 96... The lower shock stone spring got broke trying to them out, the spring looked fatigued and in poor condition, I just helped it on its way..   Am I right  the jewel is in 2 parts 1 part  stay in its retainer, the other part that you oil that goes on top, and the spring keeps it in place.

3 minutes ago, WildBill said:

I have contacted Cousins requesting 722.11 for a FF ST 96... The lower shock stone spring got broke trying to them out, the spring looked fatigued and in poor condition, I just helped it on its way..   Am I right  the jewel is in 2 parts 1 part  stay in its retainer, the other part that you oil that goes on top, and the spring keeps it in place.

Yes, have a look at this (what is shown as 'The Mobile Bushing with it's jewel' is one piece')

ad1953inca.jpg

Edited by mikepilk

32 minutes ago, WildBill said:

I have to get the broken piece out yet.....its it just fitted into a slot, so it should just pull out with tweezers....."Hopefully"

To get the spring out you may have to push the setting out a bit to free the slot. 

The whole setting is out already I think , just the piece of broken spring remains...

Don't know how I'm going to see what I'm doing....I have only cheep loops the most powerful one is 15. just had a look at the broken

spring my finest tweezers seem far to big, might have to do a job on them.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, StuartBaker104 said:

121.11 is the upper shock (dessus) end stone, the lower (dessous), in the main plate, would be 722.11. Just type 722.11 into the Cousins search box.

As mentioned above you may have broken the spring by trying to fit the wrong jewel or fit it upside down, so be sure you get this right.

Lots more info on the inca website here, http://www.incabloc.ch/en/huilage.php but I can’t see the jewel sizes to measure up your end stones and check.

Hi Stuart, I managed to get the end stones for my ST Movement, I don't know how you find the right number ie 722.11 for the lower end stone...My question is I need a spring as well but know the right one to get, can you tell me code no. of the one I need ...Also I must mention on getting out the broken spring, (not even sure if I've got it out) I may have damaged the area where the spring goes.

Apart from getting another Main plate complete with the jewel in place...Do I have any other options,.?

You can identify the individual parts from this table: http://www.incabloc.ch/en/systeme_incabloc.php

So you will see 722.11 on the row for ST 96 under the column headed “pierre de contre pivot dessous”. If you need the spring for the same fitting it would be “ressort de contre pivot dessous”, which is 770.03

If you have damaged the area where the spring goes, then that is the “bloc”, which can be replaced by removing the u shaped clip from the other side of the plate. The nomenclature for the spareable parts is here:

http://www.incabloc.ch/en/systeme_incabloc.php