Need Advise in Removing Tourbillon Movement (SeaGull maybe)

Callac

I've been looking for a forum like this for a while. My Minorva Tourbillon watch has a hand that fell off. Now this is not the time or place to discuss the ups and downs of of purchasing an inexpensive tourbillon watch. However I do like to watch and love to have it back in my wrist. Issue is I cannot get the movement out. I opened the back and was unable to remove the movement from there then I was advised to try to get the moving out from the front but I'm having real problems getting the front bezel and Crystal off. I've attached some pictures they're not the greatest, I'll upload some better ones if needed but any help would be appreciated here. Thanks in advance. 
I thought about forcing the crystal out with air pressure, because all I need to do is just access the front of the dial. However then I realized it if I pressure the front crystal out the back display case will probably pop out first.

IMG_20171119_100617.jpg

IMG_20171119_100653.jpg

Alright so it works like this: normally you would have to remove the case back, the crown and stem and the pushers/buttons (sometimes you can remove the movement without removing the pushers). Afterwards the movement and dial should come out (sometimes you might have to remove 2 screws as well on the sides of the movement). Do you even know whether the watch is a front loader (movement comes out from the front) ?

Edited by Chopin

Thanks for your response. I initially thought it was a regular back removed movement. I remove the back and took out the crown and stem, but the movement refused to come out the only thing it did was rotate. There were a few screws visible but I was unsure which one I would need to loosen if it was even possible to loosen the movement to remove it through the back. Someone that advised me that it's a front removal and I've been working on that assumption ever since. Would you be able to show me what the screws may or may not remove the movement from the back?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm talking about something like this not screws ON/INSIDE the movement. Some movements require you to rotate them so that they can be removed. You should post a photo of the watch with the case back removed.

Also, if the watch would be a front loader then does it have any space between the mid-case and the front bezel (the one that the glass is attached to) ?

Rolex-shockproof-6426-clamps.png

There are no screw is attached to tabs as in the one you have pictured. There was a tiny what look like a cab under the front bezel in between the front bezel or Crystal casing and the mid-frame. That's why when someone had told me and maybe a front loading movement and made sense, however I've tried to open it up that way with absolutely no luck. I will post pictures when I have a few seconds. Thanks for your help.

I have not worked on worked on one of these movements but I looks like to me that It removes in the conventional way. The three screws I have identified are they by any chance half rounded at their tops so you just turn them to release the case ring. A closer pics of the movement might be better to give more advise.

5a11e3610e4f7_ScreenShot2017-11-19at19_56_05.png.fbc25d2cf9d8bdf101f161b12f6791ab.png

The three screws are rounded. I'll definitely try your idea, just how many turns do I unscrew them?
I've included some more pictures that aren't the greatest but on my phone photos of the best I can capture.
(I don't know if that's what you intended, but I just realized the caption of a my post, I wrote advise instead of advice. But I guess you know what I meant.) Thanks again to both of you for taking the time to respond I appreciate it more than you can imagine!b93c8bcb4d3e749476c0b4c72218ae6b.jpg2b0a3c654b8cb25f9c814fb51eccd6dc.jpg5374bfca0d4b7f505b1370509e72cfc2.jpg

I'll say it again, you have to remove the crown and stem and perhaps the pushers as well. Whether it's a back loader or a front loader you have to do this first...

I can see 2 screws at the sides which might require removing... The ones that sit into those 2 spaces on the sides of the movement.

I did that. I removed the crown/stem, and the movement just rotated, but didn't come out. The pushers are not connected to the movement, but rather push up against small tabs that are part of the movement.

Does it wobble at all ? Sometimes you need to fiddle around a little bit to remove it (careful not to use excessive force).

Does the movement itself sit in a form of threaded recess inside the case ? (some require you to rotate the movement around until some tabs reach some spaces in the case and then it can be removed)

If you turn it to the side, do you see any space on the case ? Between a supposed mid-case and a supposed bezel and glass.

I didn't notice anything that would match any of those suggestions. However tonight I will remove the two side screws again and try your ideas and see if I have any luck with that. Thank you again I will keep you updated.

It looks to me like it comes out the front.

The milled bezel may unscrew or it may need a case knife to pry it off. Once it is removed you need to remove the stem and both of the recessed screws that allow the movement to turn when loosened. With these two screws removed the movement should come out the front.

That's how I would proceed.

It looks to me like it comes out the front.
The milled bezel may unscrew or it may need a case knife to pry it off. Once it is removed you need to remove the stem and both of the recessed screws that allow the movement to turn when loosened. With these two screws removed the movement should come out the front.
That's how I would proceed.
Issue is it's not a screw-in bezel, and I've tried to pry it open, but I've had no luck at all. Couple that with the fact that I don't know for certain it's a front load movement......

I have not worked on worked on one of these movements but I looks like to me that It removes in the conventional way. The three screws I have identified are they by any chance half rounded at their tops so you just turn them to release the case ring. A closer pics of the movement might be better to give more advise.

5a11e3610e4f7_ScreenShot2017-11-19at19_56_05.png.fbc25d2cf9d8bdf101f161b12f6791ab.png
Did you see the pics I've added? Would you still assume the three rounded screws need to be loosened?

Does it wobble at all ? Sometimes you need to fiddle around a little bit to remove it (careful not to use excessive force).
Does the movement itself sit in a form of threaded recess inside the case ? (some require you to rotate the movement around until some tabs reach some spaces in the case and then it can be removed)
If you turn it to the side, do you see any space on the case ? Between a supposed mid-case and a supposed bezel and glass.
To clarify, there is a small notch under the "supposed bezel and Crystal" but I've been unsuccessful in prying it open from there. Do you think the fact that there is a notch there is an indication that it's a front loader?

Just spent some time with the watch, and there seems to be a lip or groove preventing the movement from coming out the back. Seems I need to remove the front bezel and Crystal. I already got three cuts last night trying this exact thing.... Oh well....

Had another look this morning these must be the screws too loosen. Remove the stem and it should drop out. DO NOT UNDO the SCREWS I originally suggested or it will damage the movement.

5a12915a8b31f_ScreenShot2017-11-20at08_22_41.png.8b349a3ee9cff27158b31291e2e64a35.png
Thanks, I figured as much. I got it open via the front, as it doesn't come out even with those two screws removed. Thanks again.