• Similar Content

• By lordpagano
      Hi everyone! I bought an Aeromatic 1912 A1308 watch (have not received it yet) and I was wondering what caliber does it use. By chance I found the attached pictures, I believe it's the same caliber but I found no information on it, only that it may be a Seagull. Can somebody help?
      Thank you!!

• By Mark
      Join me as I strip down, service and review this Chinese ETA 2892-A2 clone. Seagull ST1812 watch movement. There was a couple of issues to deal with but altogether a fairly impressive movement for the price.
    • By dferrier
      Here is how one guy did it:

• By haratua
      I just got a new Chinese movement (TY2867), and when I push the winder in, the movement won't start. I've manually wind it a few times, pull the winder out and push it back in.
      What could be the issue? Thanks
    • By haratua
      I am struggling to find a way to remove the movement on this large Ingersoll watch from its case. Cannot seem to find any screws that pin the movement to the case. 

Tried to remove the steel spacer, it is un-movable even with pliers.
      Does it mean that that I have to come from the glass? If through the glass, do I pry on the small opening on the bezel (see the second picture attached)?

Appreciate any helps. Thanks.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Dear All,   My nice Bergeon screwdriver set was chipped after few watch services, was looking for a sharpening kit to repair them, but I soon realized I own a Lansky knife sharpening kit, so I pop the screwdriver blade out and give it a try, the results are very promising, see the photos, it's easy to use and versatile, comes with different stones, if I like, I can even use the ceramic stone to give it a high polish, and I can always use it to sharpen my folding knives, what do you think? Love to hear them.   Darak 16A49BD8-DF55-4F10-BB5D-983DE0C1380C.MOV
    • Hello everyone, I am looking for a sapphire crystal back for an OMEGA Seamaster (212.30.41.20.01.003). Do you know where I can find one ? Thank you in advance.
    • Hi and welcome Brian,  I am confident someone on this forum will come along and put you right concerning grandpa's watch. There is nothing "unfixable" if you go about it the right way and in the right order. Good luck I wish you every success. 
    • Hello, my name is Brian Young and I am new to watch repair.  I recently inherited a 1911 Illinois pocket watch that was working.  WAS.  I dropped it on the tile floor in the kitchen.  Now, I need to repair it, as it was my grandfather's watch and I cannot be the reason the watch has stopped working.  I do not repair watches, do not know the "lingo", and don't own an awesome set of tools.  I am the "street urchin" in this performance of Oliver.  Any help or encouragement you can extend to me would be most appreciated.  I am fearless, and will take the watch apart, if needed.  I would rather have someone who knows what they are doing handle the repairs.  Let me know if I can fill in any missing information.  Thank you for allowing me to crash your party.  Love and light, Brian.  
    • Take it easy around that wiring, one thing I did think of after I posted is that some of the old wiring and indeed that rheostat may well contain asbestos. It will be safe enough unless you start chopping it about. I would grab yourself a triac speed controller and bin the rheostat and its associated wiring. There may be some suppressor capacitors that might need changing (although judging by the age of the machine, possibly not) and when the thing is running I suspect it will blast interference all over the radio spectrum, and buzz all over the local radio stations, but probably not enough to travel next door and annoy the neighbors.