Russian watch , crown problem

antonyh

have just got one of these waterproof russian watches, it has a bezel on it a anchor on the dial.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement  screw down Crown, as the one that is on the watch the spring has gone on it, and it just flops around when its unscrewed. 

The picture isn't the exact watch, but it's near enough. 

Thanks

$_35.jpeg

I think you need to check it is actually broken first. Vostok Amfibia use a rather clever clutch so the crown is only engaged with the movement when changing the time. They are meant to wobble around like they are broken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

+1 @rogart63 and @Sopgeo.

This is a design characteristic of the Amphibia and also the most common query / concern of newbie Amphibia owners.

Just google Vostok Amphibia wobbly crown and you will find many examples as below;

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/question-about-boctok-amphibia-crown-wobble-462400.html

Somewhere on the net there is a really interesting article about the development and evolution of the Amphibia design which explains a lot of its idiosycracies, if I can find it again I will post a link.

These are actually great watches and represent truly excellent value for money.

• Like 1

Yes it's a nice watch, most of the ones I've seen on ebay the plating doesn't survive well.

Anyway I dicided ide see if I could fix it,  so I pulled out the stem, found a spring that fitted inside the pendant tube and just lot enough to reach the crown and bobs your uncle, no more wobbly crown .

I have just got one of these waterproof russian watches, it has a bezel on it a anchor on the dial.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement  screw down Crown, as the one that is on the watch the spring has gone on it, and it just flops around when its unscrewed. 

The picture isn't the exact watch, but it's near enough. 

Thanks

5a113087dd2a7__35.jpeg.a167a27923f1a5f33f11f529531502c2.jpeg
Have you tried CousinsUK?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...
On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎19 at 2:00 PM, Marc said:

This is worth a read if you want a better understanding of Amphibias;

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f54/vostok-amphibia-analysis-design-methodology-491757.html

Later, someone used this write-up as a script to record a video, and this video sparked my passion for Russian watches. The design, at the time, was truly something new and special, and it still holds water (pun intended)!