Hello from Tim

tholt

I'm Tim from Saint Paul, Minnesota in the USA.  I'm a systems support engineer for Windows and Unix applications.  I'm a tinkerer and shade-tree mechanic for hobbies.  I was bitten by the watch bug two plus years ago when I was awarded a modest watch at work.  Just like with motorcycles and firearms, the more I researched my watch and other watch things, the deeper I got in.  

I changed all the batteries in my quartz watches for a start.  Then I started buying interesting junk off of eBay.  Now I'm up to a motley collection of 10 or so watches that I wear fairly regularly.  

I'm looking forward to getting further into the hobby and frequenting this site.

Tim

• Like 1

Hi Tim, Welcome. You have done well with those watches. I serviced and fixed an old English Lever pocket watch today. Hair spring touching balance wheel and escape wheel sticky. Looks about 1876 so has done a lot of ticking. Silver case. (The Specialite Lever) Goes nice now and seems to be gaining about 1 min/day. OK for an old watch like this. Keep going and best regards, Mike.