Blow out a saphire crystal?

PeterGe

Hi guys,

I' got a watch here which is clearly a front loader. The back screws off but the movement ring is machined into the case itself. Also the opening of the caseback is to small to fit the dial through.
There also isn't any seam or gap in the case to remove the bezel,  besides the back lid, it is a solid case.

In this situation I usually use a pump to blow the crystal out after removing the stem. However, until now all the front loaders I've dealt with had acrylic crystal. This one however has a sapphire crystal.
My only concern is that the crystal could break under the pressure.

pictures attached.

Did anyone came across something similar?

ro-002-002.jpg

CCS390A-RS5-0013-Automatic-Back-PX-Edit-Download_4bc5ad91-14c0-4663-8adb-b3eef1725a37.jpg

quick update.

The lift tool can't be used, there is nothing to grab onto.

Blowing out the crystal didn't work so for. I can't set enough pressure.
Granted, I don't have a fancy Bergeon pump, I use a syringe. I'll try using the compressor, as i have already done in the past, but I have lost my adaptor.

I also contacted the manufacturer. They don't have an idea as they don't service their watches themselves. :rolleyes:

I might get a figurative slap to the head for saying this, as its not ideal procedure, but a can of compressed air, like which is used for cleaning computers, is often effective. (they can sometimes spit butane though, which if it did would not be ideal for the movement, but likely not disastrous either) 

Another update.

After buying a new adapter/connector for my compressor (lost the old one), i tried blowing out the crystal this way.

As always I increased the pressure gradually, but even after putting significant pressure on it, the crystal remained in place.
I'm worried putting more pressure is gonna break things.

I've put this one on hold for the moment & have made an inquiry with the official service center. Let's see what they have to say about this.

To be continued........

On 21-11-2017 at 7:32 PM, Ishima said:

I might get a figurative slap to the head for saying this, as its not ideal procedure, but a can of compressed air, like which is used for cleaning computers, is often effective. (they can sometimes spit butane though, which if it did would not be ideal for the movement, but likely not disastrous either) 

As explained in my previous post, the compressor didn't even do the trick. So the can of compressed air won't do the trick either. Might work for acryl crystals though.

Can you post a picture with the back removed. I would like to see how the mov.t attaches to the dial, and if there is enough support to press it down so eventually the crystal is pushed out. However, that is not something I would recommend to do, I'd try first an higher pressure compressor with a better seal to the pendant tube.