Crown Wheel Interchangability

dwhite

I was working on putting together my sacrificial watch today (Benrus BB14) and was squeezing the Crown Wheel (winding pinion) too tightly and launched it into lower earth orbit.  After more than an hour of searching I'm sure it's lost forever.  I'm wondering if I can use a crown wheel from another movement model.  How interchangeable are these?  I took one out of (I believe) a BB2 and BB4 and they both meshed perfectly with the Castle gear (Clutch) but I can't say about the diameter of the gear since I don't have the original to compare it with.  Any recommendations?  I don't believe I have an extra partial BB14 movement.  Thanks in advance.  Dan.

To answer my own question, it appears that crown wheels from BB14, BB3 and BB4 are interchangeable along with a whole host of other parts.  This from days of trial and error.  It might be the entire BB series but those are the three parts movements I had.  Good to know.  Restarting after 14 years of not working on watches has taught me two things:  One, my eyesight isn't nearly as good now (I'm 64) and my hands aren't nearly as steady, especially after coffee.