Handy Clip-On Dual Loupe

WillFly

I have a pair exactly like those. Power on mine is 3x and 5x. I have another pair of a slightly different style with magnification of 4x and 7x. Just recently picked that pair up when I realized I was having a bit of trouble seeing teeth mesh while working on a 7750. I however use the pair similar to yours all the time. Just the right power and can increase or decrease magnification easily. I think if you wear glasses like me it's the only way to go.

Charles K

I have a collection of those (chinese) and I've used them. Regretfully, I find them hard to get used to once I've pampered myself to a visor. Or at least that's my feeling about them. Don't get me wrong though, visors can be a pain too, specially when they are cheap like mine and need to constantly tighten the little knobs and screws so they stay in place. I even bruised my forehead once when the darned thing fell on it (I had it raised). Still, with the clipp on loupes, since one set I have goes all the way to 30x, it is very useful for inspecting small parts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I opted for this one but without the light(saving weight)  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnifying-Glass-Lens-LED-Light-Lamp-Visor-Head-Loupe-Jeweler-Headband-Magnifier-/252438525619 as the loupe with the wirespring was not comfortabe wearing for me..

The advantage of mine is you have 3 different magnifyers in one loupe and very easy to change during work, just click the 2nd or 3rd loupe down. With the other models you have to take it of your head and change the glasses. I also have a very nice Lange & Sohne loupe but I just dont like wearing in in my eyesocket, even with the spring....:startle:

s-l1600.jpeg

Edited by Watchtime

I did purchase one of those clip on jobs and they are crap. The optics are just poor & also the clip comes loose and falls off which is a real worry when looking at a hairspring. The best optics are either Bausch & Lomb or Seitz.

When working real close on hairsprings or shock springs you can't beat a microscope. I have played and spent a lot of money trying the different options and a eye loupe with general work & just swop strengths depending what you are working on. Final word don,t but cheap

•  

I wear my optivisor, and use the flip down macro lens when needed, however I like CB have tried those clip of spectacles loupes, and the generic clip are terrible, you need to source the hard to find more secured type for people who wear glasses.