Help with OMEGA

HI, can anyone help me with finding parts lists for Omega.

Prior to the change in policy I could find anything about part no's. etc from the Omega site but now all that is available ( that I can find ) are details of movement no's and case no's.

I'm really looking for movement and case assembly details with drawings and part no's.

I have quite a collection of Omegas and am often in need of these.

Any help or advice gratefully received.

Hello oldhippy, the calibre is 552 and the case is 165.0070.

Geo you are correct I'm after somewhere that I can get information on lots of different calibres so that I can get information in the future should I have the need to do work on them.

The only problem I have with this one is that I can't seem to screw the back right down. I fetched it apart to get the back polished which was extremely successful. When it came to refitting the back it just will no go right down.

There is a correct fitting sealing washer and also a wavy steel washer as well.

I was after a diagram to confirm how this are supposed to be fitted or whether the metal washer shouldn't actually be there.

20 minutes ago, Alaskamick said:

Thanks oldhippy only good for parts on one calibre. I really need assembly guidance.

I was hoping that somewhere there would be a list of all movements which you could download as required.

I don't know of a place where you can down load the lot.

Thanks clockboy, although it doesn't actually show the assembly it is fantastic for the spares.

Following up oldhippys post I looked at Cousins site and wasn't able to find anymore calibres but the one you posted actually had a stamp across the corner indicating that it came from Cousins so I will get on to them and see if they have more in their files which I could have.

I think it may just be a matter of detective work but I'm sure the information I want is out there somewhere. 

I use Jules Borel, Cousins and Boley to identify case parts. Usually in that order.

In this case, Jules Borel gives you the most comprehensive list of case parts, but none of them list a wavy washer and pictures I see elsewhere suggest it doesn’t have one.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=Ome+cs%23165.0070&submit=Search

Cousins has illustrated parts lists for almost every Omega calibre in their documents area.

They also appear to have access to the Omega extranet, which is restricted, but enables them to look up the information you are seeking.

• Like 1

If you are only looking for the movement tech sheets I would look on eBay there is sometimes sellers that will sell a collection. Then really the best would be to find somebody who has accessed to the Omega database online and cultivate of friendship with them.

One problem with the Omega database is the same as other watch companies they don't list the old stuff typically.  So as pointed out above Omega does have a parts list for the 552. They don't though have a service guide specific 552. Conceivably they never had a service guide for the 552 because usually refer you back to the base calibers. So for instance first link below lists all the variations.

Then usually I've had a really good luck with googling finding tech sheets. Although I did get Several hundred megabytes of Omega tech sheets off of eBay.

Then googling second Link for instance they have tech sheets. Go to Omega section scroll through far enough third link.

Then if you photograph the case back parts the you're not sure about on Monday I will ask the other watchmaker he specializes in the Omega watches he might have an idea. I looked on the Omega database at work there was zero reference to the case number I'm guessing it's too old.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Omega_552

http://guides.mccawcompany.com/

http://guides.mccawcompany.com/downloadable/download/sample/sample_id/920/

• Like 1

Thanks for all your help with my problem, I do appreciate it but I'm going to terminate the thread for a while.

I have massive problems at home which is taking all my time for a few weeks.

I will resurrect it as soon as things are better.

Thanks, Mike