• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• While asking if paying out $350 to get this watch repaired is practical , is something you would have to decide  for yourself .  It is probably the first Nautilus electric , being of the 200 series , and it is 14K solid gold , [a Big Plus ] , and it is in great looking shape . The Solid gold Hamilton Electrics Do hold their value .   Having said that , I have a few Hamilton electrics in my collection and I have made repairs and serviced both the 500 and 505 movements . The later 505 movement is by far easier  to repair and service , and most Nautilus watches had that movement  . The 500 is tricky to repair because of the proper and delicate alignment of the 2 contact fingers .   I would suggest that you get as much Information on the type of movement in your watch and contact members of the Hamilton Forum with questions as dadistic suggests . Also you may want to contact Ebay seller adamtime with any questions . He always has all things Hamilton Electric for sale . adamtime (758)
      100% positive feedback In the past I have emailed Hamilton Electric Guru , Rene Rondeau  through his website with questions , and he is a gracious Gentleman that will answer your questions .
        Good Luck Wetbird  , and let us know what your outcome is .    
    • excellent thread! i have about 20 of these electro-mechanical watches in various brands. i love them. the best thing is that they are still relatively cheap on ebay - compared to accutrons and f300s.  i am interested to see what the servicing and cleaning brings. is it still a runner?
    • That is the wrong jewel for that wheel, a little side shake is normal but that jewel looks almost twice as big as it should be. I recently replaced a fourth wheel lower jewel, the pivot measured 0.31mm, the proper jewel was 0.32mm. 1/100 of a mm is roughly 0.0004 inches. The pivot should be measured and a new correct jewel fitted. Looks like someone tried to "just get it running" with whatever was handy.
    • Well stated MT, When working on any vintage equipment with two wire power cords, I always change them out for a three wire grounded cord that is grounded to the chassis. In the US grounds are all connected together and to earth ground. Any leak from load side AC to ground will trip a circuit breaker. Btw, gfi's are code required near a water source.