Richard1888

Which TimeGrapher?

Can anyone recommend a beginners timegrapher that is worthwhile?

Something in the £100 to £125 range, or cheaper if it is worth buying.

Xmas is coming up and I am thinking of suggesting that the family chip in and get me one.

When it came time for me to buy mine I just went on to ebay and got one of many basic timegraphers sold there, believe my model is the no.1000, which looks to be 120, so pretty slap bang in your range.

It works well, has decent build quality, it measures rate, amplitude and beat error, and has a mute so you dont have to hear it tick, a pause function and some other more advanced options such as manual paramater settings and lift angle settings. 

I have no complaints. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timegrapher-Watch-Timing-Machine-Multifunction-Tester-NO-1000-CE-UK-Shipping/301966015167?epid=909412595&hash=item464e93babf:g:whIAAOSwOdpXy~QE

For the price range you have The 1000 is the only thing that will come in that price range as mentioned above. If you have a little more money  I think the  LCD display is a little nicer on the 1900.. Unfortunately the cost is a little more looks like approximately £150 and shipping doesn't appear to be  included. Then for eBay do a search for either machine  there does seem to be quite a price variation..

Another vote for the 1000. Got mine for $160 if I remember correctly, just about 120 pounds. Very happy with it.

For Chinese items it's always better to look on Aliexpress before Ebay. For example, a 1000 is currently priced about 130 USD shipped. 

Edited by jdm

I had a 1000, and when upgraded to a 1900 which as mentioned has a much better display worth the price difference, I had no problem in selling for about the same price.