Unknown Tool from Staking Set

Relentless

Just recently bought a K&D 18 Inverto staking set on eBay, all the stomps are complete and it just missing a few stakes.

The staking set included this weird looking stomp with a tightening lever (it seem like it) try to google for some info but failed to identify it.

Attach is the image of the unknown tool, if I may add I also want to know the purpose of the 10 pins placed alongside the stomps (highlighted in red)

Thanks in advance

IMG_6593.thumb.jpg.7c0b9adb5a4643ff4cc9ba639d071bb5.jpg

IMG_6589.jpg

IMG_6590.jpg

IMG_6591.jpg

IMG_6592.jpg

What you have is a incomplete combined jewelling and staking set , it is perfectly serviceable as is as a staking set but there are parts missing which will make it useless as a jewelling tool,  the pins are for pushing out friction jewels, the other odd looking part I have no idea but if its Kendrick and Davis it will probably be on the following site somewhere,

http://kanddinverto.weebly.com/

• Like 1

Of the items in the staking is set circled should be the reamers for the jewelling attachment for the staking set that casually appears to be missing? Then the ministry tool is also missing something. It's known as a Balloon Chuck may go by other names and other parts of the universe. It's used to hold a balance wheel in a lathe they can polish the pivots. Which without a picture showing it probably makes no sense at all by my description. But I did find you a picture online at least showing the balance wheel in the tool.  You do have to scroll quite a ways down the page but it's there.

http://www.geocities.ws/dushang2000/Lathe Tools/Lathe Tools.html

• Like 1

Hi Wls1971, ahh so its for pushing friction jewel, so not only the stakes are missing also the jewelling attachment, anyway I have a Seitz jewelling tool so should be ok, is the jewelling attachment sold separately or as sold together with the set?  

Hi JohnR725, it looks like the balloon chuck for the lathe you mention. oh well, I guess I have no use for it.

Thank you both

9 hours ago, Relentless said:

is the jewelling attachment sold separately or as sold together with the set?

Kendrick and Davis made  two friction jeweling attachments that could be retro fitted to various older frames and to the 18 series of frames the attachments where cataloged as a 540 and 540R, thats what appears to be attached to yours but minus the lever and micrometer adjustment.