ETA 2892a2

So im servicing an ETA 2892a2 and this is my first time doing so. I am having trouble with the date, I can change it no problem and if im setting the time and go past midnight it changes without a problem. The problem im having is its not changing on its own when the watch hits midnight or even after midnight. Is there some kind of trick with this that im missing or did i forget to oil some kind of part?

Thanks

My suggestion is to download the tech document for this movement from eta.ch. Note, when searching, search for movement 2892a2 and you should find it. Pay particular attention to parts 37 and 38. The jumper requires lubrication in 3 separate places (after rotation the date ring). I would observe the action closely with the dial off to see what the issue is. This should not be terribly hard to diagnose (but we all know that's not always the case)!  

If that doesn't work, perhaps take a video of the 10 minute period around which the date should change (again with the dial removed). That should help us help you.  Good luck

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I also just realized I had that tech bulletin saved...but in French for some reason 🙂 No, I don't speak French. 2172_Bulova 11AOAC 11AOACD 11AOACB.pdf
    • Thanks for the replies. I did the job today and found that the oversized stem fitted just perfectly into the worn mainplate without any adjustment. Original stem diameter was 1.24mm and the oversized was 1.40mm. I did have to make an adjustment to the setting lever though. The small pip that engages with the groove in the stem hub was slightly to wide. I made that a bit smaller with a fine file. Don't ask me why that was too big, it just was. All working very well now. No wobble and not pulling out. New crown fitted as good measure.
    • Hi Vandan. Hi from a fellow newbie! Marshall has got a lot to answer for hasn't he! 😄. I also got hooked to this hobby after watching his videos.  Good luck with your journey to service your Grandfather's watch.   Nick 
    • Hi all, I have a lovely Favre-Lueba dress watch from late 70s/early 80s in a stainless steel case.  Its an unusual curved rectangular case and crystal.  I'm wondering if there's any possibility I might be able to buy/find a replacement crystal for this watch.  The base of the crystal is also curved to match the case, rather than flat.  I'm looking at the Cousins website page here https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/rectsq-rounded-corners-one-side-curved-bezel-sternkreuz-rzr but not sure if I'm looking for the correct type.  In my case its a rectanglular crystal with rounded corners, and both the upper and lower surfaces of the crystal are curved.   Update - OK I now think I know what I'm looking for, but Cousins don't stock the size I need :-).  I think I need a Sternkruez RZ 315x220R9, acrylic, cylindrically domed with rounded corners.  Any tips or alternate sources for this type of crystal? Many thanks