Elgin 546 Pallet Fork - OK?

Khronos

Does this pallet fork look right to you folks?  It seems like it should not be bent but straight.  The watch barely runs with very low amplitude.  Does one dare straighten it?  The concern is that it came that way to work properly and I have some other problem going on?  Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Elgin-546-Pallet-2017-11-05-161312.jpg

Does this pallet fork look right to you folks?  It seems like it should not be bent but straight.  The watch barely runs with very low amplitude.  Does one dare straighten it?  The concern is that it came that way to work properly and I have some other problem going on?  Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
Elgin-546-Pallet-2017-11-05-161312.thumb.jpg.753e36a4b301e361bf7ca562f68d304e.jpg

There is no way the pallet fork should be bent. You could probably tape it back to straight with your staking set. Just use a small stump and a flat stake. My two bits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you for the info Stuart!  Very nice to know the different grades it was used in.  I'm a collector of those grades (okay, I collect everything... sigh) so I think I have another one sitting around.  The question that was rattling around in my brain was did somebody bend it to try and get it in beat or some such as I have another movement that the pallet fork is bent oh so slightly as well.  This one is by far the worst one I've seen.  Kind of an interesting failure.

I'll get different pallet in the movement and report back... :)  Thanks a million guys!