Omega Seamaster 300 1970.

Hi, Had a calamity today. My Grandsons Seamaster 300 was keeping erattic time and my Timegrapher 1900 nearly condemned it !!. I checked the balance to find a worn staff top and bottom bearings Upon cleaning and re-assembly the results were the same. Beat error varied as well. The top incabloc lyre had one leg out of place and must have been like this for a long time. I ended up losing the top balance jewel with the tweezers. Cannot find it. Gone forever. I will try to find a similar replacement and then the watch should run a little better. Hopefully.  3rd. Seamaster I have done. The first two are fine and later watches. Tip? Never let me loose with a watch !!.

I know how it is. I've lost some. Some I manage to (miraculously) find. I'm paranoid with small parts that I sometimes use all sorts of methods to work or move them around so as not to lose them such as placing really small things that have a habit of jumping around on the tip of my finger and place them somewhere or placing the movement in a transparent zip lock bag and then working on the small and springy parts.

Hi Chopin,  Well, I am a bit old now. I have never been professionally trained in this art, just fixed a few and picked it up so to speak. My motor functions are not too good now either. My electronic knowledge is good MSc. Electronic Engineering many years ago.  but there is not much of this in watches. Out of date with that now as well. ..Quartz... Stepper motor and Xtal controlled Oscillator chip,  Easy to check. Great timekeepers. Good wishes friend.