Slava 2428 Shock SPring help

Tmuir

I was removing the shock spring from the main plate of a Slava 2428 to clean the jewels. I carefully rotated it and released it.

I then went and picked it up and the jewel and placed in my parts container.

Then I looked in the parts container and the spring was not in there. I did not see it jump away, nor can I find it. I have the parts sheet for this movement but it does not list the shock spring

Can anyone tell me where I would be able to get a new shock spring for the movement?

Its the type with a circle and 3 arms radiating out from it, see the photo below.

Slava 2428 shock spring.jpg

• 3 years later...
On 11/5/2017 at 1:39 PM, rogart63 said:

I asked this exact very question only a little while ago. It happened the exact same way & I got the exact same answers(donor movement). I even had to look twice to see if I wasn't reading my own question!!! "Fool" lol... But there are slava2428 parts sellers on ebay but donor is definitely the way to go. In my opinion. 

Edited by DFKG

Yes don't pay for parts individually - it is extremely uneconomical when whole movements can be had for $5.

For the future, in this video Kalle Slaap demonstrates hollowing out a piece of pegwood for use in easily removing these springs.