George Daniels Lecture From 1990

Just stumbled across this by pure chance.

George Daniels gave a lecture at the 1990 convention of the  American Watchmakers-Clockmakers Institute which was video taped and recently digitised

It goes for 70 minutes, so I don't know if I will get through it all tonight, but I'm going to give it a go.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/awci-publishes-rarely-seen-george-daniels-lecture-1990

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Tmuir, I will definitely watch when I get a chance.....

I also stumbled across a bit of his life story on Youtube, which was instigated by Roger Smith. I found it an excellent insight and watched the whole lot over 3 days (85 episodes), I bit the bullet and purchased his book Watchmaking which I am very pleased with. There is one of his pocket watches in the British Museum along with a load of Breguets etc......

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, clockboy said:

The guy was a genius and if any of you guys have the opportunity I recommend you purchase his book "Watchmaking". It shows how meticulous he was and what methods he used. The methods never fail but are not the quickest

Yes it is a great book. I bought my copy last year when I went to the UK as it saved me a fortune in postage as the book is quite heavy.

I also got his book 'The Practical Watch Escapement' for Christmas last year.