Hi all, 

First time ever trying to fix a watch. It's a Rotary Editions 500series. Opened it up and the part in the pic was swimming about loose only issue is I have no idea where it goes. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

Paul G

DSC_4002.JPG

Hello Paul G I would agree with JDM if you've never fixed a watch to give it to someone who knows mechanicals. Now, what is the symptom of the watch? Does it NOT hold power when you wind it? The reason I ask is because that looks like the click spring that holds the ratchet wheel in place when winding.

J

11 minutes ago, noirrac1j said:

The reason I ask is because that looks like the click spring that holds the ratchet wheel in place when winding.

Oh, now I see it, thanks. If this was a complete Seiko copy, then the click spring would be all different and kept in place by the main bridge. But the light blows exactly on that portion and I can't tell. From the shape however there should be a screw holding it.

50 minutes ago, jdm said:

Oh, now I see it, thanks. If this was a complete Seiko copy, then the click spring would be all different and kept in place by the main bridge. But the light blows exactly on that portion and I can't tell. From the shape however there should be a screw holding it.

Hello,

Its a chinese movement:

59f75c2b2ae88_ScreenShot2017-10-30at1_06_13PM.png.7706f76a3dce55d48d559a82a8ea898b.png

I think that may well be the click spring @PaulG, in which case there is also a missing screw somewhere. This may be where the click spring attaches:

Slide1.jpg.70195abf32ad90196d6f22c07a9982db.jpg

37 minutes ago, noirrac1j said:

Its a chinese movement:

Of course. You can see that the magic lever, rotor bearing, ratchet screw and Mao-tze-dong knows how many more things are copied straight from Seiko.