Hello, quick question in regards to replacement watch glass. 

I’ve brought a Seiko 5 and the watch glass is 1.7mm thick. I’m looking at replacing this with a sapphire crystal (for no particular reason if I’m honest, the previrus owner had it swapped with acrylic and despite this it isn’t badly scratched), I can’t however find a sapphire crystal listed as 1.7mm.

I can however find 1.5 and 2.0mm. Would either of these be suitable?

Even if I look on cousinsuk the mineral glass isn’t listed in 1.7.

Any advice and guidance would be appreciated.

You'll find sapphire with that thickness on chinese online stores. Look it up on eBay or aliexpress.com.

Here's one for 1,6mm. You could try other large online stores but I'm not sure if they have it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-3-1-4-1-5-1-6mm-Thick-30-38-5mm-Double-Domed-Sapphire-Watch-Crystal-Glass/302390289985?hash=item4667dda641:m:mYqJ8FK7B_ylMPPH0It4TmA

Edited by Chopin
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, CornishPirate said:

Hello, quick question in regards to replacement watch glass. 

I’ve brought a Seiko 5 and the watch glass is 1.7mm thick. I’m looking at replacing this with a sapphire crystal (for no particular reason if I’m honest, the previrus owner had it swapped with acrylic and despite this it isn’t badly scratched), I can’t however find a sapphire crystal listed as 1.7mm.

I can however find 1.5 and 2.0mm. Would either of these be suitable?

Even if I look on cousinsuk the mineral glass isn’t listed in 1.7.

Any advice and guidance would be appreciated.

What seiko number does the watch have? Check the case back. 

22 hours ago, CornishPirate said:

I can’t however find a sapphire crystal listed as 1.7mm. I can however find 1.5 and 2.0mm. Would either of these be suitable?

I would use 2.0mm,  as it makes it much more robust, and even if stands a little proud of the bezel, that's actually nice. The Ebay ones mentioned  above are double domed, that may not be what you want.