Looking To Invest In A Timing Machine

Hi all,

I am looking to invest in a good timing machine and have been looking at the

TYMC range on Cousins and have especially been looking at the 5000A, has anyone had any experience with this machine. I am also looking at the more cheaper Chinese option are these reliable..

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated Guys

Many Thanks in advance

Darren

I use the exact same machine. I recently rebuilt a Tag chronograph that came to me in parts out of the case. Did not run and when I got it cleaned and back together was badly out of adjustment. By putting on the machine I was able to quickly get it in beat and regulate the time to within seconds a day. I would not be without it.

Charles K

I got mine from AceTimer.  They are American based, and the text on the machine is in English; instead of Chinese.  Also the power adaptor is rated for 110 ~ 240V so it works with any voltage, anywhere in the world.

Anthony Chau from AceTimer matched the prices of the ones from Hong Kong, and even followed up with an email to make sure it arrived safely and was working well ... outstanding customer service!!

Here's the website mate:  http://www.acetimer.com/Timing-Machine/

Anthony's email is: [email protected]

Extremely happy with my purchase.

Many Thanks CKELLY and Lawson for the advice it is greatly appreciated,my apologies for the late replies (Internet connection problems) I am going to have another look at these machines as it seems a lot of people are using them,has anyone had any experience with the TYMC range

that Cousins has on their site...

Thanks and best wishes

Darren

Many Thanks mwilkes and bob

after viewing the video and all of the feedback from you guys, looks like i may punt for the 1000 but I will also check the 1200 as well bob...

Many Thanks to you all for your help with this

Best Wishes

Darren

Hi Guys

Just one more question...

It maybe a bit of a stupid question but is the "Lift Angle" to align the movement for accurate amplitude achieved by moving the microphone stand up or down and keeping an eye on the screen, have I got that right..

Many thanks for all your help

Best wishes

Darren

Hi,

Another thing you can do is just search the internet for lift angles for whatever caliber movement you are concerned with. I have downloaded several sheets with lots of different watches and calibers. On the Chinese machines they will automatically tell you if you are in beat or not and how far off you may be. They will also automatically tell you how fast or slow your watch may be. Once you plug in the lift angle it will tell you the amplitude of the watch. The one I have defaults to an angle of 52 but you can manually set others.

Charles K

• Like 1

As CKelly says, there are charts on the internet that lists the lift angle for different movements. The most popular are 52 and 53 degrees but there are many variations. I will definitely find out for the movement you are working on when you test it. Hope this helps.

Many Thanks Bob

Much appreciated, I have now taken the plunge and bought a Timegrapher 1900 and am now looking forward to receiving it, Many Thanks for all your help Guys...

Best Wishes

Darren

Much appreciated, I have now taken the plunge and bought a Timegrapher 1900 and am now looking forward to receiving it, Many Thanks for all your help Guys...

Hi, I,m thinking of the same unit.... is the price difference from the Timegrapher 1000, to the 1900 worth it?

how are you getting on with it?

Thanks