rolex 2001 26j 1570 cal

Hi All, Hope you are all welland safe,

I have bought a few movements to get me started now and a few tools.My lathe i purchased was a Lanco , not the best though it will get me started. The accessories that come with are still being sought out as some do not fit and finding information is vague,

I have been busy for awhile, I am asking if it is possible to ask where it is best to get spares for 1570 cal and where can i get a listed parts breakdown diagram. Hard asking about parts when you are not even sure of the name. Any help would be appreciated.

I apologise if this is not allowed as some companies or people can be put about recommendations that are not to their interest or favour.

Thanks phuckaduck

On 10/26/2017 at 12:27 PM, phuckaduck said:

I am asking if it is possible to ask where it is best to get spares for 1570 cal and where can i get a listed parts breakdown diagram. Hard asking about parts when you are not even sure of the name.

How do you know that there are parts to be replaced in first place?

Hello and thanks for asking . getting them apart is not to hard. I already have it stripped 90 percent . Just having trouble with the stem andpinion if that is right.the brass wheelsare all right but any metal has decayed so I need to look for parts

I will have pictures next run if I can manage this compuer stuff. this is harder than stipping awatch

On 10/27/2017 at 6:04 AM, clockboy said:

You really have jumped into the deep end with a Rolex. Getting genuine spares is difficult and always expensive. Parts for a vintage Rolex such as the 1570 will be almost impossible. However I have posted a couple Rolex docs.

Rolex service.pdave other

Rolex 1570.pdf

Hi Clockboy, here are some photoes for your viewing pleasure,I do have other photoes but they have disappeared into the computersomewhere space,once i find them i will send them on if you are interested.

I removed the movt after much tinkering and molestering as parts were completely rusted solid . Movt/case holding screw needed drilling and gentle persuation, watch face holding screw needed drilling on one ,winding stem had to be broken .

The setting lever mechanism is totally gone plus some wheels

i was looking at the breakdown doc and it says that the1530 is the base for the 1570,did i read this correctly and this means i need to look for parts on a 1530 as well?

Thankyou muchly for the help and if you are interested in further aiding me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciative of the assistance . I was going to scrap the the watch but my fisrt rolex so i will see this through, bye for now Phuckaduck .

also i did say my name a few times while stripping it.

PICT0168.JPG

PICT0160.JPG

PICT0157.JPG

Looks like it has had some water ingress and it looks like the movement is dirty but overall it is not to bad. The hairspring also looks good so I would say looking at the pics it looks serviceable. The only issue will be is if when disassembling you find a part that needs replacing. The part/s will be very difficult to find

I recently asked a watchmaker for advice re an Omega. 552 movement. 1966 I believe. It was botched up some years ago and never kept time. I put it on my 1900 Timegrapher which all but condemned it. Gain was erratic 110 t0 230 Sec`s daily. I cleaned the balance, set the beat but it varied greatly due to worn staff etc. in 3 positions. This "watchmaker" was off hand to me and condemned all amateurs whom he  said messed up everything they touched or similar words.  As the movement is worn I will try to fit an ETA or Asian movt: to get it going properly. Otherwise it will go in the case to be forgotten about. Won`t be long before it is all Chinese anyway. They make lots for the Swiss watch industry already and they are getting very good at it. Parnis being an example. Just my opinion.